cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating Unity Connections to Different IP

brentonchad
Level 4
Level 4

We are planning a migration to where we utilize the COBRAS utility to export Unity Connections 9.1 data and import back into 10.5 (with a new IP Address) The plan is to have the new 10.5 UCxN and 10.5 CM vm's running with different IP's and then cut the phones over during afterhours.

We have built the 10.5 server and are ready to import the data. We would like to import the data prior to the cutover so that we can do some preliminary testing.  However I am hesitant to import the COBRAS data due to the  fact that I am unsure about how the phone system will import. My concern is that once the phone system is imported to the new 10.5 server that the 10.5 server will try to register the ports and "hijack" the ports from existing Unity 9.1 server (which will still be in production during the import) which could possibly cause a service interruption.

Is there a way to utilize COBRA's to import the data so that it does not import the Phone System?

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It won't.. you basically select what you want to import with a wizard... just import the subscribers, call handlers etc that you need and perform the conflict resolution.

Also see this 'COBRAS does not' section : http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/Help/COBRAS_Briefcase/COBRAS_Briefcase.htm#_Toc383446472

It doesn't get the 'phone system configuration, fax, SMS servers, calendaring integrations with Exchange or Meeting Place etc'..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: