cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration and merge

davecromwell
Level 1
Level 1

I need to migrate a customer onto new hardware from 9.1 to 12.5. I was thinking of using Prime Collaboration deployment and setup a migration task. The migrated cluster will have new IP addresses.

I do not want the migration to be live straight away. the plan is to do the migration whilst running on the old hardware and then swap over at a later stage. I appreciate we would need a change freeze.

Is that possible with PCD?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Since you are using new IP setting, you can do that. During the PCD migration delete the Shutdown source node action.

1.png

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Hi,

Yes, it is possible to change the IP address/hostname of the new call manager application if you are using PCD to perform the migration. I did it in the past successfully. 

but, the changes made on the existing system post your migration need to manually on your new system. 

when you create the migration task, you have an option to use the new IP for the call managers. 

image.png

you can also, remove the task (turn off the old system) in the PCD. So the PCD will not turn off the existing version and continue to work. 

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Since you are using new IP setting, you can do that. During the PCD migration delete the Shutdown source node action.

1.png

Response Signature

Many thanks for your reply, sounds exactly what i need

Hi,

Yes, it is possible to change the IP address/hostname of the new call manager application if you are using PCD to perform the migration. I did it in the past successfully. 

but, the changes made on the existing system post your migration need to manually on your new system. 

when you create the migration task, you have an option to use the new IP for the call managers. 

image.png

you can also, remove the task (turn off the old system) in the PCD. So the PCD will not turn off the existing version and continue to work. 

Regards,

many thanks Shalid,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: