cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

migration from CUCM 7.1.3 MCS to 10.5 UCS using PCD (cop files required?)

panjwani80
Level 5
Level 5

I need to migrate 7.1.3 MCS to 10.5.1 UCS using PCD network migration. Before I kick off PCD migrate task which will export the data from source 7.1.3 cluster do I need to install two cop files (ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.3.cop.sgn” AND “ciscocm.version3-keys.cop.sgn”) on the source 7.1.3 cluster?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, those are required only if you're upgrading on the same VM/HW

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, those are required only if you're upgrading on the same VM/HW

HTH

java

I have been told by two TAC engineers that I need to install cop files on source MCS cluster and documentation is not clear on this either.

I have no idea what was discussed between the TAC and yourself to comment on anything, the fact, is that if you're doing a MIGRATION via PCD, those have nothing do to with the process.

Those files are used if you're doing an inplace upgrade.

HTH

java

Thanks Jamie Agreed!

PCD first step export configuration from source cluster works great, but the second step where it installs new CUCM 10.5 Pub VM is failing with ntp error, however. ntp is configured correctly and ntp works ok if I do the manual install of CUCM 10.5. For some reason PCD 10.5.1.10000-6 doesn't like ntp server. I have TAC case open 632169109 without any progress so far. Screenshots attached

What was the resolution to the NTP error?

it was not NTP issue so the error message was misleading. Destination CUCM install was failing because IP address assigned to it was already in use in customers network. we had to dump the logs to usb to figure this out..