Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration from DLU to UCL/CUWL Licencing

Hi Team,

I have one of the customer on CUCM Rel8.6 on UCS C200M2 Platform having 300 IP End points ( and the customer wants to upgrade to the existing Setup to Latest Rel 10.5)

Need to understand the output report of License Count Utility and please help resolving the below queries with respect the LCU License Report.

1. Need to understand the How I can translate the Existing DLU Count ( Installed, Used, Unused) with the desired UCL and/or CUWL Licensing.
  2. Need to know if the below  “REQUIRED BYlicenses are the actual count I need to consider in upgrade quote ? if not then what is the objecting of UCL/CUWL Lic count in LUC report and shown below.
  3. Do I need to share the existing Count of IP End points and its type to generate the desire UCL/CUWL licenses?
  4. Can I directly take the equal nos UCL/CUWL lic based on the nos of IP Phone qty and Model deployed?
  5. Does the information of exact phone model is mandatory to get the require UCL/CUWL Lic count as this info is not available

DLUs:                              

Installed DLUs                   

Used DLUs                        

Unused DLUs                      

UNLICENSED USERS:                  

Unlicensed Users With EM         

Unlicensed Users Without EM      

Total:                             

ESSENTIAL LICENSES REQUIRED BY:    

Users With EM                    

Users Without EM                 

Devices Not Assigned To Users    

Total: UCM_Essential               

BASIC LICENSES REQUIRED BY:        

Users With EM                    

Users Without EM                 

Total: UCM_Basic                   

ENHANCED LICENSES REQUIRED BY:     

Users With EM                    

Users Without EM                 

Total: UCM_Enhanced                

ENHANCED PLUS LICENSES REQUIRED BY:

Users With EM                    

Users Without EM                 

Total: UCM_EnhancedPlus            

CUWL STANDARD LICENSES REQUIRED BY:

Users With EM                    

Users Without EM                 

Total: UCM_CUWLStandard            

2 Replies 2

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mandeep,

You can refer the discussion

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12074826/there-conversion-table-dlus-cucm-9x-licenses

1. Need to understand the How I can translate the Existing DLU Count ( Installed, Used, Unused) with the desired UCL and/or CUWL Licensing.
  2. Need to know if the below  “REQUIRED BYlicenses are the actual count I need to consider in upgrade quote ? if not then what is the objecting of UCL/CUWL Lic count in LUC report and shown below. REQUIRED BY means the actual licenses u require after u upgrade.
  3. Do I need to share the existing Count of IP End points and its type to generate the desire UCL/CUWL licenses?You just need to share the LCU report along with Migration order or SO which u get after u place order through PUT
  4. Can I directly take the equal nos UCL/CUWL lic based on the nos of IP Phone qty and Model deployed?
  5. Does the information of exact phone model is mandatory to get the require UCL/CUWL Lic count as this info is not available

regds,

aman

Use Cisco License Count Utility(LCU) which is available in cisco software section.

Install it and login CUCM through this this utility will fetch report give your IP Endpoint Count it will generate file for you just sent to Cisco team they will tell you license in term of UCL/CUWL(Userbase).