Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration from on Prem to Cloud

ngsl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi fellow experts

As i'm very new to this platform, would need your expertise.

I'm currently running on ucum 8.0 and would like to migrate to latest version while keeping my IP phones.

What are the options and steps available to migrate from  cisco on prem to cloud on the backend? 

Many thanks! 

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You really need to engage your Cisco AM, SE, and chosen partner here. There are future-looking details that cannot be discussed outside of an NDA.

At this time, your only option would be Cisco HCS which is the same applications (eg CUCM and CUC) but hosted and maintained by a provider. They attach to your existing WAN and advertise prefixes for the infrastructure. There are several significant advantages to this approach: same products typically mean no loss of functionality - even SRST still works. The downside to this is the cost structure has traditionally struggled to work below about 500 phones, though the HCS-SA approach may help with this.

The other Cisco options are built on Broadsoft-acquired technology but there is not currently a mechanism for converting phones from “enterprise” firmware for CUCM/CME to the MPP firmware.

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4

Hi ngsl,

you can move to cloud from on premise with your current version solution..

cloud based system include few points:

any partner that can proivde cloud solution

or you can reach to cisco AM/SME for cloud solution for your setup

they need your existing setup details that include:

all sites details

no of users

IP Phones details

existing uc system information

uc system license information

after having this information, they will provide you solution for cloud..

in Cloud based solution, cisco having two options now:

Cisco HCS/VOSS4UC

Cisco Broadsoft

You can go for details on cisco official site and get the more details..

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: