cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile and Remote Access via Expressway - Please Confirm Our C and E Option Keys Are Correct.

david.kelsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're still battling to implement Mobile and Remote Access. We're at the stage now where:

- External Jabber Clients can connect via Expressway.

- IM&Presence works.

- Calls from external Jabber clients to internal phones work.

- Calls from internal phones to external Jabber clients always fail.

We're running Expressway X8.2 and UC Suite 10.5.

I want to be sure it's not a licensing issue before wasting yet more time troubleshooting.

Please take a look at the Option Keys installed on both our C and E and let me know what we're missing (attachments).

I notice that the E has TURN licenses where the C doesn't, is this an issue. Also the E mentions it's a Traversal Server - Should the C have a reciprocal  'Traversal Client' Option Key?

If someone with a working MRA via Expressway could post similar output from their systems as my attachments I'd greatly appreciate it.

Dave

4 Replies 4

Sean McQuade
Level 5
Level 5

You will not have TURN on C. It lookCheck your PAK fullfilment.

When you fulfil your LIC-EXP-E-PAK, you should get a quanity of 2 for EXP-SERIES and EXP-GW. You take 1 of these quantities and apply it to C.

Fulfill the rest of the PAK (AN, SERIES, GW, TURN & E) and apply it to E.

Thanks Sean, Does my expressway licensing look correct to you? Please review my attachments in the above post. Dave

Dave, the licensing output looks correct. Can you post dignostic logs from the Expressway-C? Most issues i have seen is with the routing. You should be able to ping the external NAT address of the Expressway E from the internal subnets, if thats not working you will have to implement NAT Uturn on your firewalls. 

Please rate useful posts.

Hi George,

Thanks again for your reply to our issue. Its re-assuring to know that we finally got the C and E licenses sorted out and correctly applied.

We ended up resolving our problem and we believe that MRA is now 100% operational and working as it said it would on the tin.

We have a split DNS deployment with different internal domain to external domain. Our internal DNS record for the E was pointing to the DMZ ip address of the E. This was the root cause of our problem, we had to change the internal DNS record to point to the internet IP of the E and then internal phones could dial external clients. Our C is configured to use internal DNS in order to resolve CUCM, IM&P and CUC server internal IP addresses, therefor it wasn't an option to simply change the DNS servers used by C to external servers.

In summary our E was initially configured with an internal hostname and our internal DNS record for the E was poitning to the E's DMZ address. In split DNS deployments the E hostname must be it's external hostname and the internal DNS record for the E should point to the E's internet address.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: