cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile number not showing in Attendant console

abattard1
Level 1
Level 1

We are running Cisco Attendant Console 9.0.1.  Everything is working fine however I am trying to figure out how to add users mobile phones in the Attendant Console directory.  We are also using Cisco presense with Jabber and the mobile numbers show up there from Active Directory.   Any ideas?                 

10 Replies 10

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CUxAC obtains this from CUCM which will only have it if you have it synchronized with an LDAP source. Even though the CUCM End User Configuration page doesn't show you this, CUCM is still pulling the mobile homePhone and pager fields from LDAP and storing it the end user table that CUxAC copies via AXL. In CUCM 9.0+ you can see these attributes on the LDAP Sync agreement where it outlines which Custom Attributes are being pulled across.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

We are synching CUCM with LDAP.  Cisco Jabber with Presence show the mobile number just fine.  In Attendant Console I have enable external LDAP integration checked. 

I'm pretty sure that CUxAC still uses the CUCM directory via AXL even though the CUxAC server says "LDAP".

I think the only way to display the mobile number is to hit "F2" when on a contact to display the alternate contact numbers.

So CUAC-xE  (as its called now-adays) does only pull from the Call Manager AXL service with the exception of CUAC Premium Edition.  Premium now has the capability to pull directly from LDAP thus giving the LDAP Plugin service a more valid name. 

Regardless assuming you are not on Premium this requires that Call Manager first sync the mobile number into the Call Manager database.  You can check this via the following CLI command for any userID:

run sql select userid, mobile from enduser where userid like ''

If you return the number as you've expected then you need to check to ensure the attribute mapping is in place in CUAC-xE.  This can be located under System Configuration -> Directory Field Mappings in the enterprise edition (other versions won't have this and we can troubleshoot via database queries if needed).  In here you will see columns like the following:

Source Fields
Destination Fields
Select departmentDepartment
Select facsimiletelephonenumberFax
Select firstnameFirst Name
Select homephoneHome
Select lastnameLast Name
Select mailidEmail
Select middlenameMiddle Name
Select mobileMobile

In particular is the bottom which matches the "mobile" field in CUCM to the "Mobile" field in CUAC-xE.  If this is not present you will never see the number.  Alternatively on any version you can log into SQL Server Management Studio and run the query:

select * from ATTCFG.dbo.Ext_Source_Mapping

Where you should see results like:

Source_Unique_RefSource_Mapping_Unique_RefSource_Mapping_DescriptionSource_TableSource_PropertyDestination_TableDestination_Property

EXS000001EXM000001enduserdepartmentContact_ItemsDEPARTMENTR

EXS000001EXM000002enduserfacsimiletelephonenumberContact_NumbersFAXR

EXS000001EXM000003enduserfirstnameContact_ItemsFIRST_NAMER

EXS000001EXM000004enduserhomephoneContact_NumbersHOMER

EXS000001EXM000005enduserlastnameContact_ItemsLAST_NAMER

EXS000001EXM000006endusermailidContact_ItemsEMAILR

EXS000001EXM000007endusermiddlenameContact_ItemsMIDDLE_NAMER

EXS000001EXM000008endusermobileContact_NumbersMOBLER

EXS000001EXM000009endusernicknameContact_ItemsALTERNATE_FIRST_NAMER

Again you should see the entry mapping "mobile" to "Mobile", otherwise it will not synchronize.  After having that in place correctly and synchronizing the database (typically by restarting the LDAP plugin) you will begin to see entries in the Directory with red arrows:

These will be the users you can hit F2 on and view the available Mobile (or any additional nnumbers) to call. 

Regards,

Jason

Got this when I ran the command from CUCM:

admin:run sql select ajb, mobile from enduser

Column (ajb) not found in any table in the query (or SLV is undefined).

This is a screenshot from CUCM LDAP directory page:

Does this mean the mobile numbers wouldnt be Synched?

I ran the SQL Query and got this:

EXS000001 EXM000001  enduser department Contact_Items DEPARTMENT  R

EXS000001 EXM000002  enduser firstname Contact_Items FIRST_NAME  R

EXS000001 EXM000003  enduser lastname Contact_Items LAST_NAME  R

EXS000001 EXM000004  enduser mailid Contact_Items EMAIL  R

EXS000001 EXM000005  enduser middlename Contact_Items MIDDLE_NAME  R

EXS000001 EXM000006  enduser telephonenumber Contact_NUMBERS INTNL  R

EXS000001 EXM000001  enduser department Contact_Items DEPARTMENT  R

EXS000001 EXM000002  enduser firstname Contact_Items FIRST_NAME  R

EXS000001 EXM000003  enduser lastname Contact_Items LAST_NAME  R

EXS000001 EXM000004  enduser mailid Contact_Items EMAIL  R

EXS000001 EXM000005  enduser middlename Contact_Items MIDDLE_NAME  R

EXS000001 EXM000006  enduser telephonenumber Contact_NUMBERS INTNL  R

The CUCM LDAP will by default pull in the mobile field to call manager.  The webpage I was referencing was actually in the CUAC-xE webpage.  But based on your SQL query output it appears there is no mapping for the mobile field.  So you will need to log into your CUAC-xE webapge (http:///webadmin) and go to

System Configuration -> Directory Field Mappings.   From here add a new mapping and set the source field to mobile, and the destination field to "Mobile".  Save and restart the LDAP service.

Regards,

Jason

Im using Business Edition, so I dont have that same option.  I created a directory rule like below restarted service and then ran the SQL query again, but still have the same fields.

This will actually cause more issues, please delete that from your Directory Rules page.  There is a way to fix this, but to prevent confusion and potentially messing up your databse I won't post the directions here.  Please open a TAC case and we'll correct this mapping issue for you.  Please reference this forum in the notes when opening.

Regards,

Jason

tom golan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm expiriencing the same issue, were you able to find a solution for this ? in business edition?

Thanks,

Tom.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: