cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring Call Park and Directed Call Park

mknepper
Level 1
Level 1

I have been searching for a way to determine who is parked where. I have seen this done programmatically via TAPI/JTAPI and I know of a couple third party developers that have integrated a third-party parking lot viewer into their applications. One example of this is with the classic, now EOL, Cisco Attendant Console. I don't know of any that are standalone or extend this to give visability of who is parked to the phone display. Anyone know of anything?

On a related note, there is a Directed Call Park that can be assigned to a Busy Lamp Field (BLF) button that shows the status, but does not show who is parked -- problem is if you have multiple DCP BLFs how do you keep track of who is paked where? Is there a way to programatically monitor DCPs?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, there is no way to get a list of what calls are parked on which numbers. This is offered through a CTI based application that monitors the park/unpark of calls that can display them, but that capability is not available on the phone.  You are correct that directed call park can be monitored with a BLF, but since the directed call parks are meant for specific users to use and only one call can be parked at a time, we do not show the info about that parked party.  Besides, the DCP is not scalable for monitoring park numbers and since you don't get calling info, it may not meet the customer requirement.

I will raise the issue with product marketing and see if there is a way we can off a show active call parks from the phone UI. 

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

Daniel, were you able to talk with product marketing on this? I am still on the hunt for a good Parking Lot Monitor solution.

Thanks,

Mark

TNaugle951
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

This doesn't answer the question about monitoring who is parked where, but maybe this could be of use to you.  I had a client on CUCM 8.5 that needed to monitor the status of the three owners of the company that would be parked.  I set up three dedicated directed call parks for each owner, i.e. 101 owner A, 102 owner B, 103 owner C.  The two receptionists would always directed call park each owner at the assigned DCP extension.  I also put the three DCP numbers as BLFs on the receptionists phones to monitor the three DCP extensions.  That way when they would page "Receiving, call on 101" she could monitor to make sure receiving picked the DCP; and receiving knew that 101 was the top owner - call the number now...  It worked well for them.

Again, this doesn't answer the initial question, but maybe will help you with a solution.

Thomas