Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring\ Recording Notification Tone Interval

peter.fay1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are using CUCM version 11.5.  We are piloting a  third-party call monitoring\ recording solution that doesn't rely on UCCX (it uses the built-in bridge feature on the phone).  We would like to have a single tone played for the agent (but not the connected party) when the supervisor starts monitoring the phone call.  

Under "System-> Service Parameters-> Server (our server)-> Service Cisco Call Manager -> Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - Monitoring) -> Play Monitoring Notification Tone to Observed Target" I have the setting set to True.  The tone is played every 8 seconds of the phone call.  

Does anyone know a way to change this interval?  I would like to play the tone once the supervisor connects only. If that is not possible I could live with having the tone play at a much longer interval than 8 seconds.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Pete

4 Replies 4

haider.rizwan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

have you found any solution?

Hi,

In CUCM Service Parameters you can enable monitoring tone in to be heard by Agent only on start of monitoring by supervisor ( Please refer attached image for the CUCM service parameters).

Please find below the 3rd party solution to monitor & coach(whisper) a CUCM based agent ( non UCCX/UCCE agent)

https://developer.cisco.com/ecosystem/spp/solutions/90895/

Hi,

any chance if we can increase tone internal?

Talked to third party but it's very expensive product for basic functionality.

thanks.

This may help, came from TAC after I was having the same issue.

CUCM does not have a parameter as such to change the values. However there is an alternative way to do this by downloading the xml files and editing the same. However this change is not officially supported by BU as we are changing the file details from the system root.

These are the two files which is responsible to play the tone and it has the time settings.

o   file view tftp /united_states/g3-tones.xml

o   file view tftp /united_states/g4-tones.xml

There’s a file named tones-g3.xml and tones-g4.xml that contain all the configurations related on how the tones should be played on the phones. They’re locale dependant as the values contained there describe the frequency, period on, period off, repetition count, and so on.

The original value of this xml file regarding monitoring are:

<tone c1="30831" i1="-2032" c2="30831" i2="-2032" d="17" t="monitoring">

<part m="on" t="1500"/>

<part m="off" t="8000"/>

<part m="on" t="500"/>

<part m="off" t="8000"/>

<repeat c="65535"/>

</tone>

Which means that it should play a tone of 1500ms then wait 8 seconds and play another tone of 0.5seconds and wait another 8 seconds. After that, it should be repeated 65535 times.

Please note that the values here are set according to international standards as defined by ETSI or ITU-T. Because of this, we don’t recommend that the parameters be changed.

However, as best effort support we can change it to:

<tone c1="30831" i1="-2032" c2="30831" i2="-2032" d="17" t="monitoring">

<part m="on" t="1500"/>

<part m="off" t="8000”/>

<repeat c="0"/>

</tone>

Which means to play a tone of 1.5 seconds at the beginning and repeat it 0 times.

++Once its changed, if you want to apply to the phones you need to upload to the TFTP server after you save it and restart TFTP service and reset the phone to see if it takes the change. Else, changing the locale of the phone and moving back to your locale again will force the phones to download these files , however phones will be reset.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: