cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving subscriber (8.6) to different subnet?

louis0001
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, I need to move a subscriber we have to a different subnet.

Is this just simply a case of shutting it down, reconfiguring it with new ip/mask and gw

Also changing the sub ip on the publisher?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If you have these phones in a callmanager group that has backup subscribers then it should not cause much downtime as the phones will immediately register to the backup servers. There is no way to avoid that minimum downtime when the phone switches registration from one server to another. You can check your device pool and callmanager group settings to make sure that the backuop servers are configured.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please follow the steps as per this doc

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/8_6_1/ipchange/ipchg861.html#wp68037

Manish

- Do rate useful posts -

Thank you. Very useful post. Just what I was after.

I do have one question though if anybody has done this.

We have 1x pub & 3x sub. Unfortunately, I can't take the phone system down so I was hoping to do this without downtime eg remove sub in question, reinstall at new location and then bring online. I can reboot pub & all subs but obviously not at the same time as I need to keep the system running. It's a major headache to bring it down.

So I'm wondering if anybody has done this without downtime?

If you have these phones in a callmanager group that has backup subscribers then it should not cause much downtime as the phones will immediately register to the backup servers. There is no way to avoid that minimum downtime when the phone switches registration from one server to another. You can check your device pool and callmanager group settings to make sure that the backuop servers are configured.

HTH

Manish