cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving to Directory URI - Jabber 10.6

joshehaos
Level 1
Level 1

We're currently running CUCM and IM/P 10.5 and going to be moving from the IM Address scheme "userID" to "Directory URI" since Jabber 10.6 now supports Directory URI lookups on UDS. 

Question is...when I migrate over to Directory URI, will their buddy list for internal contacts automatically be changed over to Directory URI when they log back in?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

ryan_oconnell
Level 3
Level 3

Joshehaos,

Did you ever get around to attempting this? I tried this last night with a customer and I had to failback to "UserID" because I was noticing and erratic behaviour in how users JID was being presented. 

I transitioned from a jid made up of "samaccount"@company.local to a JID consisting of the DirectoryURI field. What I noticed after making the changes outlined in the URL below.

A lot of users JID got updated just as they should be to match their directory URI, but a lot also got updated to be "samaccount"@emaildomain.com which of course is not valid and those users showed no presence, yet they could login just fine. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/configAdminGuide/10_5_2/CUP0_BK_CEB3E82E_00_config-admin-guide-imp-1052/CUP0_BK_CEB3E82E_00_config-admin-guide-imp-1052_chapter_0101.html#CUP0_TK_C7426E97_00

Any ideas

Hi Ryan,

To resolve the presence status issue, can try to add below lines in your jabber-config.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config version="1.0">
 <Directory>
   <SipUri>mail</SipUri>
   <BDISipUri>mail</BDISipUri>
   <UseSIPURIToResolveContacts>true</UseSIPURIToResolveContacts>
   <BDIUseSIPURIToResolveContacts>true</BDIUseSIPURIToResolveContacts>
   <UriPrefix></UriPrefix>
   <BDIUriPrefix></BDIUriPrefix>
 </Directory>
</config>

The above is an example where LDAP synced using "mail" attribute.

Regards

Yes this worked!

Thanks