cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving users with Global Subscriber Manager

jeremy.rogers
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to migrate 50-60 users between two seperate Unity servers. Is there a way to select multiple users to move at once? I was told that I could, but I downloaded the latest version and I was still not able to do it. Can anyone help?

2 Replies 2

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

wow...jeremy rogers..long time no talk to...

you may not remember but i installed your CER about two years ago. glad to see you around! hows new york?

as for your request:

globalSubscriberManager does not let us perform actions on existing subscribers more than one at a time.

with globalSubscriberManager you can perform an import (which you can do in bulk; right-click the unity server in GSM and choose ImportUser) to the new unity server.

as long as both unity systems have access to the same AD, this should work fine.

if the unity servers do not have access to the same AD, then perhaps you can perform an AD export of those users you want and them import them into the new AD and then perform your GSM ImportUser from the new AD container where your users were imported too.

You can now move and delete in bulk.

There are a couple of things that you have to do to enable the "move subscriber" to show up. The 2 most important are:

1. Add the Currently logged in user (probably your admin or install account) to the share with full control to the \commserver\stream files share. By default it is just the sql account (if you have failover).

2. The servers have to be in the same dialing domain.

If you right click on a user you will see a bottom status bar and it should tell you what the problem is with the move function. Also you can select multiple users by highlighting several them by dragging across the screen.

I know it works as I have recently tested 700 users and will be doing 2800+ over the next 6 months.

Read the GSM help and go to search and type in move. Follow all of the links and espically read the notices page.