Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPE and Outlook integration

Hello ,

When I use the Outlook to schedule meeting using the MPE resources, I have problem in the invitees as when I add new one it get it from the outlook address book , but in my setup it is not related to the users profiled on the MPE ( I added the users manually to the MPE ), so when I check the MPE server, and although I have invited 3 persons, the MPE system says no one is invited.

is that normal , and what should be the relation of the users on the Ms exchange server and the users profiled on the MPE server in this case.

Thanks & BR

Moamen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When you use the MeetingPlace Outlook plugin with Exchange configured, that means that all Outlook notification are delievered in iCAL format (you can use all the Exchange Calendaring features/functions to accept, deny...etc.)

MPE need to have the "Exchange" information configured so that if your profiled users schedule a meeting on the MPE Web interface the iCAL format will still be used.  this is called "Backend" Exchange integration with our MPE Outlook.

MPE also supports as a standard feature the SMTP email which is the universal email deliver standard...no iCAL format is supported with SMTP emails...so if you send an Outlook invite to someone that does not have Outlook, then they recieve the notification in SMTP standard format.

MPE also uses the SMTP email configuration anytime you send a System Admin blast email to your use community for planned system outages for maintenance. (It does not use the Exchange information for this specific email type).

Bobbie Martin, TME

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jballari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Moamen,

Looks like MPE isn't fully integrated with the AD and the Exchange system, the below URL might help you in getting through the steps:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace_express/2_0/english/administration/guide/cm20otlk.html

Hope it helps!

Jose

bobbmart
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With MeetingPlace Express Outlook scheduling, we don't track any outside guest invitees or even internal profiled users.  What's important here is that the meeting is scheduled on the system (which I infer this is doing) and that the Outlook sends the meeting invitiation via Exchange to your invitees (which I also infer is working properly).  MPE will only list the invitees if you use the MPE web scheduling interface because we have access to that invitee list when it is scheduled directly on the MPE system via our web scheduling interface.  Outlook does not send us the list of your oulook invitess, hence we cannot list them in the web interface.

Bobbie Martin,

Technical Marketing Engineer,

Cisco UCBU

Hello Bobbie ,

Thanks for this valuable information , now I can understand the way it works, but this way I can't understand what is the difference between using the exchange as the mail integration or using the smtp (these are the 2 options ).

What I mean , that I have installed the outlook plug-in on the clients, and I have configured the MPE to integrate with our SMTP server , this way ,

1 -  I can schedule meeting from the MPE tab in the outlook

2 -  send and receive e-mail notifications when I schedule meeting from the web or from the outlook

3- can follow the link to join the meeting from the mail notification 

so why I need to integrate with the exchange, what will be the benefit added when I do that ?

Thanks & BR

When you use the MeetingPlace Outlook plugin with Exchange configured, that means that all Outlook notification are delievered in iCAL format (you can use all the Exchange Calendaring features/functions to accept, deny...etc.)

MPE need to have the "Exchange" information configured so that if your profiled users schedule a meeting on the MPE Web interface the iCAL format will still be used.  this is called "Backend" Exchange integration with our MPE Outlook.

MPE also supports as a standard feature the SMTP email which is the universal email deliver standard...no iCAL format is supported with SMTP emails...so if you send an Outlook invite to someone that does not have Outlook, then they recieve the notification in SMTP standard format.

MPE also uses the SMTP email configuration anytime you send a System Admin blast email to your use community for planned system outages for maintenance. (It does not use the Exchange information for this specific email type).

Bobbie Martin, TME

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: