Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Call Manager Cluster Questions

andrew.m
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had any information on setting up a multi-cluster environment?

For instance, we have a cluster of 9 UC servers (3 CUCM, 2 CUC and 4 IM&P) and we will be taking over another company that has a Cisco cluster as well (not sure how many servers yet).  

Is there any tips , info that you can share with me to assist me in getting this started?

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It all depends on your specific requirements, i.e. what are the clusters integrated for, i.e. internal dialing, cross cluster extension mobility, centralized dial plan, etc.  Check out the "Multisite Deployments with Distributed Call Processing" section in SRND for some guidance and best practices.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab11/collab11/models.html

The "Cisco Unified CM Trunks" chapter also has some details on ICT vs. SIP integration between clusters.

Great thanks! I think at this point; we will be doing internal dialing (we use site codes for our other remote locations), cross cluster emp, ldap (if possible). Eventually, i would like to go the path of a centralize dial plan. This new call manager cluster is only about 300 - 400 endpoints but I'm not sure what other servers they have or will need to have access to.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: