Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple user access to Cisco Unity voicemail

icemoom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help, can someone please confirm whether the Alternate Extensions list is the only way of giving multiple users access to a shared voicemail? This appears to be limited to 10 users if I'm understanding correctly, we are possibly wanting up to 20 users to have access. I've partially taken over administration of our CUCM environment having previously not been involved so possibly I have misunderstood how this is setup.

Any help appreciated :)

5 Replies 5

Prassha
Level 1
Level 1
Hello Ross

You can use distribution list as an option on unity connection. A group of people can have access to shared voice mail box.

For more information you can refer :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/administration/guide/10xcucsagx/10xcucsag060.html

Regards,
PRASSHA3

Rate if you find this helpful or Mark Solutions as Accepted
Regards
Prassha3
Rate if you find this helpful

Rate if you find this helpful or Mark Solutions as Accepted

Thanks, that sounds like what I need, I will give it a go, thanks for the information

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Can you please explain what you mean by access?  Assuming all 20 users know the extension and password they can easily access the mailbox from their own phone.  Do you want them to know when a new message is left?  If so you can use an email notification to alert a distribution list of employees that a new message has been left.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Sorry what I meant is, for example we have Cisco 7821 phones, you can hit the voicemail button to retrieve your voicemail if you have your own independent voicemail setup, but if it's a shared voicemail that only appears to work if you add them as a Alternate Extension in Unity, excuse my ignorance but I don't know any other way of accessing the voicemail but it appears prassha3 may have provided a solution to this.

Thanks, Ross.  You can access another VM box from your Cisco phone (or any Cisco phone in your environment) by pressing the messages button.  At the prompt for PIN, press the * (star) key.  You will then be prompted for your ID.  ID is the extension that the VM box belongs to, so if the shared line is extension 5555, enter 5555 followed by # (pound/octothorp).  You will then be prompted to enter the PIN (password) for that mailbox.  Enter that followed by # and you will be in the mailbox.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: