cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

multiple users in unity connection to retrieve messages for other users in group.

Abayomi Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a requirement of setting up a group mailbox ,where a couple of users can retrieve voice messages, however the users all have different extensions. They want to be able to retrieve messages for anyone in the group, it they are called on their personal extensions. They also want MWI notification for messages for other group members. I wanted to find out the best way to go about this. Both CUCM and Unity Connection are version 8.6 (setting up GDM is much straight forward on unity express but I am yet to come across any documentation about this on Unity connection).

I know you can set up alternate extensions with call routing but I am not not sure if this would be adequate given there are about 12 users in each group.

I would appreciate any pointers.

Best Regards,

Y

3 Replies 3

Hi.

You can create a CTI Route Point with an extension forwarded to Voicemail.

-Associate it to a generic user to create voicemail box.

-add alternate extension to newly create voicemail box.

Configure forwarding rule on users extension to forward calls to the CTI Route Point directory number. 

In this case you'll create a single voicemail box accessible from different users.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo,

How are you my friend? Its been a while.I hope you are good.

I run into a hitch when trying to associate it to a generic user(dummy user) as shared line feature is not supported in this build.

Is there a way around this?

Regards,

Y

Hi my friend

I'm fine and hope you are doing good.

You don't need  to associate that user to a shared extension, but to a CTI route point extension different from Users directory numbers.

Let me know

Cheers

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: