cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI not working since upgrade to cucm7.1.2

Bernece Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

We just recently upgraded to cucm 7.1.2 from 6.1.3, we are using Unity 7.0 for voice mail. The message indicator light will not light when there is new voice mail. Any ideas?

23 Replies 23

That allowed me to monitor the port and I see it connect and everything is showing what appears to be a normal call flow, but the light is still not illuminating.

So you can see Unity dial the MWI extension?

NO, I see the calling number and the called number. The message play and then the call hangs up and then disappears. It never dials the number to turn on the light.

Did you check the Multi Tenant MWI modes? I have seen this get set to default (false) this breaks the translation of the phone number from MWI to the phone and it calls the wrong untranslated number.

I do not find the Multi Tenant MWI, but I am not finding any MWI disabled in the system. We are running on a temporary lisence for CUCM is there a possible issue with the lisence that would cause this?

The test ran clean. But the indicator still isn't coming on. Thanks for everyones help so far.

Hi Bernece,

Did you see the MWI Port try to send a notification to the device where the message was left? It sounds like a problem with the Port config here;

Setting Up a Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.x SCCP Integration with Cisco Unity Connection

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cucintcucmskinny050.html

Configuring Voice Messaging Ports for a Cisco Unity Connection Cluster

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cucintcucmskinny205.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

We have found the issue. When we upgraded, it appears that somehow we lost a calling search space between the MWI and the voice mail ports. The MWI was in the same partition as the phones, but the ports were in one of there own. Thank you everyone for all your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: