cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI on Unity Connection 8.5 w/ Outlook Intermittent Issues

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

I have a UC 8.5 configuration with single inbox to Exchange 2010.  I am currently testing 50 or so users before migration.

I have run into issues with intermittent MWI failure.  For instance, a person has a new message in their Outlook inbox, and if they dial into vm it indicates they have a message.  However, no icon or MWI light on the phone.  If I reset the MWI status on the affected user, it will show the proper status.  This may or may not resurface again.

This has only been noticed by two users so far, but I want to get to the bottom of it before moving all users.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you set aside a port or two for MWI use only? This is common with SCCP integrations if the ports aren't reserved for MWI-only use in my experience. Note that if you set ports to be dial-out only on CUC you also need to remove those ports from the line group on CUCM.

I have 4 ports enabled for dialout MWI.  These ports do not answer calls, but are enabled for TRAP connection and Message notification.  Should I disable from those as well?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: