cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI Problems

jkosciuk
Level 1
Level 1

Recently converted 30 users from 4-digit to 5-digit extension using the Unity bulk edit tool. Now when the calls go to voice mail you can leave the user a message but the MWI Lamp won't light on the phone. If I look in the event log i get the message "Failed to set message waiting lamp for Carter, Linda, ext 9068, reason: Load from Doh failed." htat number being the old extension before the bulk edit. I then deleted her mail box completely and rebuilt it with the new 5-digit number and get the same error. Any thoughts

4 Replies 4

csco10038215
Level 1
Level 1

Check and make sure you're not applying a VoiceMail Profile mask on Call Manager. Also, MWI sync issues can often be resolved with a reboot of the Call Managers.

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Unity? Callmanager integration (if yes, what version of TSP?) What happens when you click on Refresh on the subscriber's saweb page?

Can you post the error from application logs?

Open Unity Diagnostic Tool, and on Macro Traces, turn on traces for MWI.

Collect logs for AvCsMgr and AvMsgStoreMonitor foi the time that you did the test and the time that the error message appeared on App logs.

H. M.

Unity version 4.0(3)sr1 when I click on refresh from SAWEB I get the error that I listed in my first note. Using the bulk edit tool to change the subscribers mailboxes from 4-digit to 5-digit extensions did not change all of the reference back to call manager and Unity is still trying to light a lamp for the 4-digit extension. Even if I remove the mailbox completly (using the bulk delete tool) and then re-build it new with the 5-digit extension, it still tries to light the lamp of the old 4-digit extension. If I build a new phone in that same device pool of the phones that I am having a problem with and build a new mailbox everything works fine.

Unity version 4.0(3)sr1 when I click on refresh from SAWEB I get the error that I listed in my first note. Using the bulk edit tool to change the subscribers mailboxes from 4-digit to 5-digit extensions did not change all of the reference back to call manager and Unity is still trying to light a lamp for the 4-digit extension. Even if I remove the mailbox completly (using the bulk delete tool) and then re-build it new with the 5-digit extension, it still tries to light the lamp of the old 4-digit extension. If I build a new phone in that same device pool of the phones that I am having a problem with and build a new mailbox everything works fine

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: