cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI still will not go out after message read in Notes

neal.miller
Level 1
Level 1

I have applied the most recent es 28 service release for unity for domino.

The MWI will not go off after i read the messge on my notes client BUT, when i DELETE the message from my notes client, the light will go out.

Also, wondering if when you listen to a message from the phone, should the domino server make the message appear as a read message as well. If so, it does not. The message still appears as new in the mailbox.

Are these normal?

Thanks all

17 Replies 17

Earlier discussions about this in this thread and others have explained that DUCS 1.2(2) will be a requirement for Domino 6.5.

I think kechambe indicated that DUCS 1.2(2) would be a late-May/early-June release from IBM. Unity 4.0(4) is suppose to be out today.

We are currently running 1.2.2 DUCS Beta.

Yes, the 4.0(4) is due out today.

I am already in the process of installing the 4.03. Currently at the "Create Message Store" portion. So I would like to complete the 4.03 install and then upgrade to 4.04. If that isn't possible, then my question is: Am I going to have problems aborting this installing and going over top with 4.04?

To confirm: yes, you need both Unity 4.0(4) and DUC 1.2.2 in order to get support for Domino 6.5. Unity is due to be on CCO on the 25th (slipped a week). DUC will be a little bit later -- can't tell you exactly, but Lotus and Cisco are working to get this released as soon as we can.

Okay, about this 4.0(3) install. I'm going to assume two things. First, that your Domino servers are already R6.5. Second, that you have not run the Message Store Config Wizard (MSCW) yet. If so, abort the install now. The safest thing would be to re-image your server and start from scratch. The next safest thing would be to run 4.0(4) over the top of your partial 4.0(3) install. That will probably work, but I can't guarantee it. If you have already run MSCW, you might be in a world of hurt. You'll probably need to call TAC to get things straightened out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: