cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Native SRSV Supported Topology?

garethkirby
Level 4
Level 4

The following design guide states that native SRSV is supported in conjunction with SRST or CUCME-as-SRST at the branch site.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/design/guide/9xcucdg085.html#wp1058647

Is native SRSV not supported where the branch site has a local CUCM Subscriber deployed?

If not, is there a roadmap to support this topology model in the future?

Thanks

Gareth

8 Replies 8

brindal
Level 1
Level 1

Just to make sure I understand the scenario...

Cisco Unity Connection is centralized, but leverages SRSV for branch survivabilit if necessary.

CUCM is not centralized - CUCM is deployed at the branches.

The question is, if the WAN goes down, cutting off the branch CUCM from the centralized CUConnection server, will CUCM failover to SRSV?

Do I have this right?

I think the scenario is CCM is at HQ but you have a remote node running ccm subscriber on UCS part of the same cluster. This is quite common when customers don't want to use SRST and instead have a local sub for large remote sites

Thanks

Srini

Yes, the scenario is as you/Srini describe. In this case, the branch site will have a UCS-C220 running two VMs:

1 - A CUCM Subscriber which is part of the central HQ cluster. (For provision of better user features than SRST during a WAN outage)

2 - A Cisco Unity Connection (CUC) instance in SRSV mode.

If the WAN is up, the HQ CUC is used, but if the WAN goes down, the local SRSV CUC would be used.

The primary advantage is that the CUC admin is consolidated/centralised/synchronised.

Thanks

Hi Brent

Are you able to confirm if the above SRSV scenario is valid and would be supported?

Thanks

Technically there is nothing that would prevent this from working.  The TMEs have this on their list of priorities to validate and write up in a white paper.  Right now its looking like they will tackle this in the next couple of months.  However, like I said, if you can't wait, there is technically no reason this would not work from the SRSV side.

Actually, this requirement is part of a larger solution with a long sales cycle, so the timescale should fit OK. The information you have provided will allow us to pursue this as an option in the meantime.

If you could post the white paper on the community when available, it would be appreciated.

Many thanks for your valuable help.

Gareth

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

Can someone validate if this works, and is supported?    The original post is from 3 years ago so I hope the BU has been able to test.

I have this exact use-case.   The customer has a HA Unity CN cluster at their main data center, along with a CUCM cluster.    A larger remote office has a CUCM subscriber, but also wants to provide basic voicemail and call handler services if the WAN is down.

Can we install a UCS-E module in a 4300 to do this?    If they already have a BE6M for the CUCM subscriber, can they run the SRSV software on that?

The release notes are unclear if this is supported, or if the site has to be in SRST/CUCME-SRST mode for SRSV to function.

Michael,

I recommend you also post this to the Cisco Support Community for additional information and feedback. You may also find the information you are seeking in the community.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/

I hope this helps.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: