Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help - Presnece message lost with user disconnect without logout

Carlos Sanz
Level 5
Level 5

Hello

I have a CUCM (8.6.2.21900-5) and Cisco Prensence (8.6.3.10000-20).

I have an user (user A) with a windows chat with other user (user B), if any user (for example user A) disconnect the ethernet wired, the other user (user B) don't view that he is disconnect and any message send user B to user A, never arrive to user A. When the user (user A) is reconnect, can not view the messages.

Is it possible that the messages is save into the Presence Server o PostgreSQL Server, for the user is reconnect. he can view the messages.

Reagrds,

Carlos Sanz

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The CUPS server will allow offline message IM queueing assuming it's not disabled under Messaging > Settings. At the time that UserB sends the message to UserA, does UserA appear to be online or offline within CUPC/Jabber? If the former, it's likely that the IM&P server hadn't recognized that the session had timed out yet and to begin queuing the IMs for when they next sign in. As a test, wait for UserA to appear as offline, then attempt to send an IM from UserB and see if the behavior differs.

Hello Jonathan:

The UserB send the message to UserA. The UserA has turn off the computer but in the CUP this user (UserA) is online, this message is lost, but if the userA in offline this message is stored in the CUP.

My issue is then userA has turn off the computer and is online in the CUP. is it possible change the keepalive timer to the CUP or other solution but these messages are not lost 

Regards,

Carlos Sanz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: