Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help setting up an auto attendant or call handler

TGettle0001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need to take a DID and point it to a call handler or AA so that it gives the caller some options. I am running CUCMBE 6.1 currently.

I have setup the direct routing rule so that when the incoming call comes in it goes to the system call handler. When you call the number it says that it cannot be completed as dialed.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you should configure a CTI route point for redirection to VM.  configure the main line as a DN forwarded to VM for the AA.  then you can configure the main number directly on the CH or use a forwarded routing rule to route to the main CH.

hailey

please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does the call actually arrive at UC's ports? Or is the message coming from the phone system side (CUCM) like it can't determine how to send the call to UC? You can use RTMT's Port Monitor, or download Remote Port Status Monitor from ciscounitytools.com to observe where in the call flow it may be breaking down.

thanks for quick response.

If I set the translation to point it to the main AA it works as it should, but when I set it to use the newly created direct routing rule it then gives the error message when I call in. I will try the tools and see what I find.

you should configure a CTI route point for redirection to VM.  configure the main line as a DN forwarded to VM for the AA.  then you can configure the main number directly on the CH or use a forwarded routing rule to route to the main CH.

hailey

please rate helpful posts!

Thanks for the help, I just needed to setup the Hunt pilot in CUCM. I had everything done and ready in unity, it just couldnt do anything with the call because it was not a valid # until I set it up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: