cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with understanding which CUE licenses are required

Chris Campbell
Level 1
Level 1

I am learning CUE with the ISM-SRE-300 in an ISR G2.  I am trying to understand which licenses I need once the trial period runs out.  The things I want to do are basic voicemail and also the e-mails where the system sends an e-mail with an attached file containing a voicemail message (so that would require SMTP functionality).

I am pretty sure I need the mailbox licenses.

What I'm not sure about are the PORT and IVR-SESS licenses.  Do I need those for the above scenario, or just the mailbox licenses?  I couldn't get voicemail to work until I activated trial licenses for PORT and IVR-SESS, but that doesn't make any sense to me.

3 Replies 3

For voicemail and IVR to work you need to have port license in older CUE versions 

latest versions doesn't have a concept of port license only VM and IVR session  license. 

Response Signature

Okay, this is what I get:

kz-vm# show license

Index 0 Feature: VMIVR-VM-MBX   

Period left:  5 weeks  0 day  

License Type: Evaluation

License State: Active, In Use

License Count: 600 /5

License Priority: Low

Index 1 Feature: VMIVR-PORT     

Period left:  5 weeks  0 day  

License Count: 60 /2

Index 2 Feature: VMIVR-IVR-SESS 

Period left:  5 weeks  5 days 

License Count: 60 /2

VMIVR-VM-MBX:- license for creating the mail box

VMIVR-PORT     :- license to create the ports which can be used for mailbox or IVR

VMIVR-IVR-SESS :- License for IVR concurrent session.

The sum of IVR sessions and voicemail sessions shouldn't exceed the number of ports configured.

you can have a look on below link for more information.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/cue-licensing-faq/ta-p/3124290

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: