cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to configure External database and external file transfer in IM/Presence 11.5 for Persisitant chat and MFT

Vinod16
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I Need to configure External database and external file transfer in IM/Presence 11.5 for Persistent chat and MFT , Can any1 share Video for this configuration or Steps ...

Thanks in advance .

7 Replies 7

Hello Mike, 

I have already go through that doc and installed postgresql in windows server but not able to understand command line to setup database and where all files will be stored... 

Any1 ?

depending on the versioning, see this as an example. You run it form a command prompt in the windows server: So on your server look for the psql file and run that with the options below, of course change the user to your user. This will get you to the CLI interface and you can continue through the guide.

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.4\bin>psql -U postgres
Password for user postgres:
psql (9.4.1)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=#

Hello Mike,

I am getting below error , Can you please help me out .

Verify external database server connectivity (database connection check).FailThe following connections between the IM and Presence Service node and the external database server failed:
  • 10.20.3.89 >> tcmadb (Message Archiver)
The verify request timedout. This could be because of:
  • External database is connected over WAN.
  • There could be a delay in network.
  • External database did not respond.

Were you able to get on the CLI and run the commands to install and configure the database?

I have not setup postgres DB since IM&P has allowed SQL to be used, but I believe after I ran all the setup, I had a MySQL GUI app to connect to the database. Was much easier to configure and troubleshoot through the GUI since I am not a big database guy.

Issue with Firewall , Disabling the firewall removed this error .

Let me try with MySQL then ... Thanks for your help .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: