cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to troubleshoot Unity 7 / Exchange 2010 communication

sdavids5670
Level 2
Level 2

Last night I went through the procedure of integrating an Exchange 2010 server into an existing Unity 7 environment (using the well-known Cisco documentation - scenario #1 "Adding One or More Exchange 2010 Servers to an Existing Cisco Unity 8.0, 7.0, and/or 5.0 Installation").  It did not go well.  After running through all of the procedures, we moved a single mailbox over to the 2010 server.  Any attempt to leave a voice message results in the message stacking up in the UnityMTA folder.  My question:  what micro and macro traces would be most useful in troubleshooting communication issues between Unity 7 and Exchange 2010?

2 Replies 2

Bradley Gruesbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I would start by running permissions wizard in reporting mode to make sure you don't see any errors. What does the event viewer logs on Unity look like? Do you see any other errors such as MALEx or DoH? Is this a new intergration or has this been partnered with any other version of exchange before?

The traces I would look at are as follows:

No Macro traces, Micro should tell us enough for this.

-Doh 10-16

-ExchangeMonitor 10-15

-MALEx 10-13

Collect the following:

-AvMsgStoreMonitorSvr

-AvDSGlobalCatalog

Good luck,

Brad

davrojas
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I understand your question is towards traces for troubleshooting,however, it would be good to make sure of certain steps that normally people fail to configure:

1-On the well known guide you stated, people usually put in verbatim the following command on the Exchange power shell:  set-mailbox -identity "UnityMsgStoreSvc" -throttlingpolicy "Unity Exchange 2010 Policy"

What happens is that some times they set a different name for the UnityMsgStoreSvc, for example MsgStoreSvc, UnityLondonMsgStore and so on, therefore it would correspond to the change the command with the actual Message store account name, instead of the one in the example.

2- Sometimes the MAPICDO does not install properly, therefore double make sure by running the latest GUSI  v.2 (Gather Unity System Information), and make sure that it is displayed. If this is the issue you may want to check the following:

Other way of working to install the latest MAPI 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3229600#3229600

-->Rename the mapi32.dll file to mapi32old.dll

-->Stop unity from the system tray

-->Stop CUMDBMonitor service

-->Uninstall the Microsoft collaboration and api from Add/Remove Program

-->Restart the Unity Server

-->Stop unity from the system tray

-->Stop CUMDBMonitor service

-->Install the latest MAPI

-->Restart the server

3-Check AD is allowing Inheritable permissions and the Unity accounts are propagating their rights.

It would be of help if you could clarify the following things:

a-Are you just adding the Exchange 2010 into a mix environment or is this a new fresh installation?

b-What errors are you getting from Unity and from Exchange?

c-Do you have CAS array, DAG, NLB (Network Load Balancer), transport rules?

Just a thought.