Views
Helpful
Replies

New CUPS 8.6 installation

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a new installation of CUCM and CUPS 8.6x and have followed everything (from my understanding anyway) within:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0/JABW_BK_E4CC9599_00_environment-configuration-guide_chapter_01.html

I put in the username and password in the jabber client and it just states as connecting with no progress. When logging into the presence server I can see the User ID, Associated devices/lines and both CUP and Jabber is licensed and the software version of my Jabber client attempting to login with.

Any assistance or pointers would be great.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

kinman-wong
Level 1
Level 1

You are better to check your domain name setting in CUPS and whether you client can resolve the name.

I added the CUPS server as an Application Server in CUCM and that has allowed users to login.

You can refer to CUPS manual about setting up domain name for the CUPS. Once you configured the domain name you need to ensure your client PC (Jabber client) can resolve the hostname.domainname. You may double check your DNS server or update host file in windows. Otherwise, you cannot login to CUPS.