cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New IM and Presence 9 Server - Users can login, but can't find other users

acalderone
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new IM and Presence Server installation.  Users have synchronized from LDAP through CUCM and are assigned to subnodes in the cluster, and are even able to log in to the IM/Presence server.  User's presence info is synching (when I pick up a phone, the user's presence indicator shows "on a call."  But no users are able to find anyone in the directory.  I have tried multiple clients (CUPC and Jabber) and am having no luck.  Can anyone offer some suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Andy Calderone

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do clients have access to LDAP? Are they in the same domain?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Clients do have access to LDAP, and they are in the same DNS domain, however they are not members of the Windows domain - will that present an issue?

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is the machine you are trying it on, part of the domain?  also, I assume you are talking  Jabber for Windows?!

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I have tried both Jabber for Windows and CUPC clients - both experience this issue.

is_mail123
Level 1
Level 1

correct your LDAP search string in cups

Where would you manage this setting?  I'm using AXL to synchronize users from CUCM to IM/Presence server... I don't remember even adding an LDAP location in the CUPS box to begin with.  Do the clients still use LDAP, even when users are simply being synched from CUCM?

Thank you all for your help/suggestions!

For CUPC is the LDAP profile configured in CUPS or IM&P/CUCM

For J4W, in the jabber-config.xml file.

Clients do not search anything from CUCM or CUPS/IM&P, they reach the directory server directly for that.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: