cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New install I&M Presence

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I just want to clarify one thing. I am having issues with the presence install,  I have added the presence server to CUCM 10.5 Presence is 10.5,

The book is a little confusing but really at the end of the day the versions must match and all you need to do to get CUPS installed is add it to CUCM as a CUCM I&M Presence server under the server tab on CUCM.  I have been trying to get this installed for hours now. Network is fine  I get the error message that says {You must add this to the CUCM Database"

Am I missing something?

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

You are correct, have you tried rebooting the CUCM Publisher if possible. If yes or if it is not possible to do it in your setup, can you share the screenshot of the error and the System > Server page on CUCM.

Manish

Hi Mike,

I would prefer to check the below details for IM&P fresh install.

1) Create a server entry for IM&P in CUCM GUI>>system>>server.

2) CUCM pub will be the publisher for the IM&P first node.

3) The version of CUCM and IM&P ISO should be an exact match. ie. if CUCM is 10.5.1 then IM&P should be 10.5.1 and same for CUCM 10.5.2.

Please let us know if the issue is resolved.

yosoypako
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I am installing a new cucm server and a new imp server. I have installed the cucm but when I try to install the imp I always get the same error (see the attached image).  I have added the new IMP server in the CUCM configuration (system -> server). I have tried using the fqdn, the hostname and the ip address of the new IMP server with the same result.

And I have checked that dns resolution of the fqdn of the imp and the cucm is working.

Both of the servers are in the same lan segment.

CUCM version: 10.5.2.11900-3

IMP version: 10.5.2.20000-1

Any idea of why it does not work? The error I am getting is not very helpfull...