Views
Helpful
Replies

new sametime plugin 9.0.1 - config tool problem

petipetipeti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i was trying to get the new "UC integration for sametime" to work. I used the previous version 8.6.2 successfully in our environment.

Now the problem with 9.0.1:  The config tool simply does not save the files to the update_site.

There is always some java error when i try to save the config.

Phone Control and Presence configuration SAVE FAILED: Exception during save: java.lang.NullPointerException

java.lang.NullPointerException

Any ideas?  I have reinstalled the Java environment, i have tried a different computer ... always the same issue.

Thanks,

Ingo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daniel Flieth
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Ingo,

we had the same issue.

New Version 9.0.1a is helping for that.

Best Regards

Daniel

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Daniel Flieth
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Ingo,

we had the same issue.

New Version 9.0.1a is helping for that.

Best Regards

Daniel

Thanks - i did not notice the update.

Now it works - at least the config tool ... :-)

Ingo

We have now the issue that we dont see Phone Presence anymore.

Maybe you could tell if you have the same issue.

Hi Daniel,

i had the same issue - no presence icons. The "server health" status was showing error on all servers except the LDAP connection. I got it fixed by removing the "synchronize credentials" option. After i entered my login/password manually for each plugin (function) all status are now shwoing green and it seems to work.

Also i had to remove the 2nd callmanager on the CCMIP option. It only works if i only put in my publisher.

The only thing i am having problems now is to dial numbers starting with a "+" sign.

I guess this is because the dialrules can no longer be importet into the plugin via the xml file. Looks like i need to upgrade my callmanager 8.5 to 8.6 - they changed the dial rule functionality ...

Ingo

Hi Ingo,

in our eviroment the phone icons are shown in the sametime client, but they never change to off-hook.

On your sametime Client the phone status changes to off-hook?

Best Regards

Daniel

Yes, the icons change ...

Did it work with the previous 8.6 version of the client?

Did you update the presence server to the latest 8.6.4 version?

Ingo

Yes, with Version 8.6.2 of the plugin, everything was ok (exept for features of the client version)

With 9.0.1a we only see on-hook. No SIP Messages arrive at our Client Machine (when switchback to 8.6.2 everything is ok)

CUCM,CUPS are Version 9.0.1

Normally i only have to change the plugin and it should work i guess.

Hello Ingo,

short question to you.

Did you installed the 9.0.1a plugin with the 2 Cisco Widgets or did you also used the 3rd IBM Extended Status Widget that was also in the 8.6.2 Version?

I wonder because the 9.0.1 only gives us 2 widgets. But we´re not able to install it with only these twos.

We decided to use the IBM Extended Status Widget from the 8.6.2 and then we were able to install the 9.0.1a.

Would be nice if you could tell us how you installed the 9.0.1a.

Best Regards

Daniel

Hello,

i installed the 2 Cisco widgets manually (no rollout so fare, only testing on some machines).

I do not really know what the "3rd IBM Extend Status Widget" is ....

regards,

Ingo

Which Sametime and notes Version are you running?

Notes 8.5.3 with build in Sametime 8.5.1.

Callmanager 8.5.1 with external presence server 8.6.4

cheers

Ingo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: