cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No caller ID on UC540 SPA phones with Comcast voice trunks.

jadavies.jr
Level 1
Level 1

I have spent 2 hours on the phone with a cisco engineer and 2 hours with Comcast.  Neither will accept responsibility for the issue.  I can confirm that a test phone hooked up straight to comcast trunk shows proper caller ID.  Anyone have this issue before?

Customer has a UC540.

4 Replies 4

Filipe Tavares
Level 1
Level 1

Can you please provide more information regarding the architecture and configuration?

Thanks,

FT

4 comcast lines going into FXO ports of a UC540.  6 SPA504 phones.  Nothing fancy at all.  Caller ID simply doesn't come through on the system.  Just shows as # not available.  Hooking up a test set to the comcast lines directly show caller ID perfectly.  2 hours on the phone with the Cisco engineer and he changed the caller ID region from Bellcor to different countries.  Nothing worked.

James,

Have you enabled the caller-id and specified the station-id under the voice-port configuration?

For further information, please check this link (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/analog-signaling-e-m-did-fxs-fxo/23444-callerid-name-del.html).

Thanks,

Regards,

jbattist
Level 1
Level 1

James,

I am sorry the UC540 is giving you some issues.  It appears that by your test the caller ID is coming thru from the provider.  Have you tried changing the Caller-id alerting ring on the voice ports?  Some providers send the caller id at different times during the call, and it is usually sent between rings. I would try changing the setting on one line at a time and test the line.  It has been a while since I looked at CCA, if you are using it, but if you are, I would start with the lowest ring alerting number and test, increasing each time to see if maybe they are sending the caller id after the 2nd or 3rd ring.  CLI, I believe the command is "Caller-id alerting ring " followed by the number, the "?" can give you the range of options.  Thank you James.

James Battisti