cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No calls are going to IVR

JH51928
Level 1
Level 1

Our IVRs are down, calls are not going to the IVR because the CUC trunk has no service (503).

We have a cucm cluster.

Site 1

CUCM Pub and Sub

CUC pub

Site 2

CUCM sub

CUC sub

Site 1 is down - The CUCM group works but I'm seeing the CUC sip trunk didn't fail over to Site 2

I can see that the CUC sip trunk (with ip address of the CUC sub) status is "No Service", not sure why it is registered to Site 1 call manager and didn't failover.

SIP Trunk "Run On All Active Unified CM Nodes" has a checkmark

CUC Route list "Run On All Active Unified CM Nodes" no checkmark - Is this what causing the issue? 

Hope you guys can help me on this.

11 Replies 11

503 means service unavailable. I would investigate the Unity box(es). It sounds like something is amiss there.

Please explain more, I know 503 means. And yes the unity box on site 1 is down. I have another unity box on site 2 that is up and running but the sip trunk has a status of "No Service".

Now when I look at my voicemail pilot route list is showing no checkmark on "Run On All Active Unified CM Nodes". - Is this what causing the issue?

No, the 503 is unity telling CUCM that it can't accept calls. The problem is in Unity, not CUCM. That is where you need to investigate.

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

I would check the option on both the RL and the SIP trunk, but I am not sure that's the root cause of your issue either?

However, check the box on the RL and then restart the SIP trunk to CUC. 

If it doesn't work, then check that the necessary services on the CUC are started.

Site 2 cuc got stuck, I rebooted and made sure that all services are running. Checked the cluster status in the web gui and it says it's accepting calls.

Went again to the CUCM>Devices>sip trunk

Restarted it twice and the status is still "NO SERVICE" 503

I couldn't make changes to the VM pilot of the RL, the system wouldn't allow me because of the CUCM publisher being down.

Correction:

I couldn't make changes to the RL, the system wouldn't allow me because of the CUCM publisher being down.

JH51928
Level 1
Level 1

Site 1 server issue have been resolved. CUCM pub and sub, CUC pub are now back online.

I hope to still fix the issue about the CUC fail over not working. Please help

You need to provide some more information like what the port groups look like in Unity. It is impossible to say what is wrong without more detail.

Sorry not sure what information to provide.

-CUC pub and sub are integrated using sip trunk

-SIP is the port group type

-24 port created for Site 1 CUC pub

-24 port created for Site 2 CUC sub

Thank you for pointing me to that location, I think i may know where the issue is coming from, I just don't know yet if I'm right.

Here is what I found..

In CUC>PhoneSystem>Servers, the ip address of the other CUCM node is not in there.

Also in my previous post, in CUCM the RL does not have a check mark on "Run On All Active Unified CM Nodes"

I'm going to make these changes and test it on a server maintenance to see if the fail over will work.

*By the way, the issue I'm having is that both CUC pub and sub are showing "NO SERVICE" in the CUCM>Sip trunk

@JH51928 wrote:

In CUC>PhoneSystem>Servers, the ip address of the other CUCM node is not in there

That would probably do it.

I've added another server IP in the Port Group>Servers and once clicked save, it shows 0.0.0.0. It's not letting me add a new IP.

Also, the system is saying "One or more port groups need to be reset.".

Don't know where to reset it, the button "reset" is missing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: