Views
Helpful
Replies

No ring - Busy signal

mjwill001
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Unity 4.0 Build 4.0(2)

When a person calls from outside the VoIP system (218-336-8700) and then dials a user's extension, the caller can get the subscriber's voicemail box and can leave a message.

If the caller is inside the system and calls the user directly (dial extenion only), they get a fast busy. Any ideas?

The user's account appears to setup correctly.

9 Replies 9

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

You didn't mention your PBX system, i.e. if this is a CallManager integration. When does the inside caller get the fast busy/reorder tone, when dialing the extension, or after forwarding to Unity? If the caller gets a fast busy just dialing the extension, this is not Unity and you will need to trace in your PBX. That sounds like the call is getting blocked for some reason, i.e. not routed. If you are running CCM, tracing is configured using CCM's Serviceability menus. Go to the Subscriber server that the caller's IP phone registered to and check the files located in folder C:\Program Files\Cisco\Trace\CCM. If you scan for the extension that was called, you can see why the call didn't go through.

Sincerely,

Ginger

We are using the Cisco CM. The vm work for external calls. Internal calls (dialing only the extension) we get a busy signal.

Hi -

So for internal calls, the phone rings OK for the designated ring cycle, like ours is 20 seconds, and the caller gets busy tone when it forwards to Unity? I believe when you come through the auto attendant, which is what happens when external callers dial the number you posted earlier, Unity is using the transfer rules set for the subscriber. Then it depends on whether you transfer the call to the user's voicemail greeting directly or attempt to ring the subscriber's phone. Transferring a caller to a subscriber's voice greeting directly is different than calling the subscriber IP phone to IP phone. When the user doesn't answer, CCM uses the "forward no answer" settings, where the box for voicemail should be checked. CCM uses the Unity profile configured on the user's directory number to know which Unity pilot number (or Hunt List in CCM 4.0) to dial. Another issue might be your Unity port definitions - do you have adequate ports defined for Answer (75% of your total ports). I would recommend you use the Unity Call Viewer tool on your server. Dial an IP phone internally and you should see the call come into Unity. As I mentioned in my earlier post, you can also use the CCM trace information to see if the call is completing from CCM to Unity and thereby get a complete picture.

Sincerely,

Ginger

Thanks. Problem solved.

Amit K Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

For more detail information about the issue check the CCM detailed traces.

You can also check the CSS/Partition of the calling/called Parties.

Thanks. Problem solved.

What was the solution?

can you share with us the solution. 

Thanks

"can you share with us the solution"

From 15 years ago?   The original poster may not even be around.  You'd be better starting your own thread, I expect you're running more recent products in any case.