cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Noob Needs Help w/ Blocked Outgoing Calls

brian.carter
Level 1
Level 1

I'm very unfamiliar with this technology, however, I've been put in charge of it.  We're using Cisco Unified CM Administration v6.1 and currently we're unable to make calls out to any 900 or 330 prefixes and I can't figure out why.  We've called our telephone service provider and they were able to call from their lines, so they are suggesting it is something on our end.

The only thing I can think of is the CM, however, I'm not sure where to even begin looking.  I did a little research on Google and started checking the Route Filter, however, I wasn't sure if that is where I need to be. (I thought for a minute that it must be true if it was on the internet :-) )

Anyway, my question is, can anyone shed some light on where I might find some settings that would be blocking us from calling out to these numbers.  Area codes 330 and 900 are honestly cell phone numbers and we can't 7 digit dial or even 10 digit dial these numbers.

Thanks in advance for your time and I really appreciate everyone for their help.

Brian Carter

4 Replies 4

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Kindly answer these questons

1- what is protocol which is used between Call manager and voice gateway.

2- DiD you create a route pattern whcih match 330 and 900 , please tell us the route pattern as you configure .Make sure that your pattern is route with the right gatewa (May be in your route pattern you check block this pattern).

3-Share plz your gateway config ,

4- share the debug (when you do a call for the both numbers).

Islam,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I'll try to answer the best I can.

1.) I have no idea.  How do I find this information?

2.) I/We didn't create any route patterns that I know of.  All of this was setup before our time and no knows how to "really" use the system.  I mean we can get around and we've figured some stuff out, but we/I for the most part have no idea what I'm doing. I don't see any SIP Route Patterns listed. (I searched "Pattern" - "Is Not Empty" - "*" and got nothing)

3.) Not sure where/how to find this.

4.) Not sure about debug either... is that a report.  I know that when I call these numbers I get a fast busy signal.

I really apologize I wasn't more help, but like I said, for the most part, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Thanks.

Brian

1. He means what is your protocol i.e. SIP, H.323, etc.  If you go to device ---> Trunks and search for everything you should be able to find the gateway your CUCM is pointing to.

2.  There needs to be some sort of route pattern pointing to your gateway or no calls would complete.  Call Routing --> Rout/Hunt ---> Route Patterns and do a blanket search. 

3.  Your gateway config which is your router, CUBE, or whatever you may be using.  Issue a "Show Run" and post the contents here.

4.  'Debug ccsip mess' is the command from your gateway that you can use if you are utilizing SIP trunking.  This will provide information such as INVITE, TRYING, ACK, RINGING, etc. with much more information telling us what is going on.  All of this needs to be posted here for us to be able to help you.  Understand this is a very difficult situation since you are extremely limited in knowledge on the systems.

Please rate all useful posts!

Never mind my frien , i will do my best to help you. Firstly i want to share the configuration of your gateway ,please

enter your vice router gateway

router>en

router#sh run

and take a copy ,please share it . We will take the configuation as steps. Other thing please do the below

1-Enter your Cisco call manager , enter the right username and passwod.

2-You will find a tab called (device).

3-click it and choose gateway  , find .

4-You will get a result , please print screen.

5-Click on other tab (Call routing) >route hunt >route pattern  , click find and print screen the results

Thank you

please rate ,if this is usefull

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: