Views
Helpful
Replies

Nortel Option 61 Migration

summerd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have a customer with a very old Nortel Option 61 PBX. They would like to migrate to CUCM. I can't find any documentation about this particular model on the Interoperability Portal. Does anyone have experience with this migration?

3 Replies 3

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes we have done. It is quite straight forward using a VG with T-1 to the Nortel. I would follow this link very closely. You might see some subtle differences on the Nortel side but on the Cisco side it follows this doc inspite of being an older doc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_white_paper09186a00801115e0.shtml#ff

This should get you started.

In addition the guides for Nortel meridian 1 which is 11C  or the SL 100 can also be used as a reference

Srini,

Summer is working with me on this opportunity.  Do we have anything that references new technology?  While the steps will work, I question whether or not the customer will accept a plan that discusses EOL eqiupment.  That is my only concern.

Thanks,

Ben

Yes I can share some internal threads

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: