Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

number ov vCPU for UCM 9.1 OVA

Cisco documentation is saying two different things.

In this document [Upgrading to Unified CM 9.1(1)] it says

"In Unified Communications Manager Release 9.1(1) the following changes have been made to the OVAs [...] The number of vCPU for the 2500 Limited User OVA has changed from 1 vCPU to 2 vCPU"

On the other hand, in this document [OVA Template Details for Unified CM Release 9.x] if I look for [Unified CM 2500 users] in the column [VM OVA Capacity], it show 1 vCPU.

So which one is corrcet ? 1 vCPU or 2 vCPU ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The change in 9.1 from 1 vCPU to 2 vCPUs applies only to the reduced footprint option (with 60 GB disk). The reduced footprint option is intended for use only in HCS deployments since HCS deployments have disk space cost contraints which normal UC on UCS deployments do not. So unless you are deploying HCS, you should always be using the 80 GB disk option, which still uses 1 vCPU in version 9.1.

In the next major release of CUCM, the 80 GB option will also be changed to use 2 vCPUs.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you deploy the OVA template for CUCM 9.1 available on CCO, the reduced footprint option does have 2 vCPUs configured.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

We did not use the reduced foot print on the 8.6.2a install.

We used the version with

CPU: 1 vCPU with 800 MHz reservation

Memory: 4 GB with 4 GB reservation

Disk: 1 - 80 GB disk with pre-aligned disk partitions

I would follow the upgrade guide and increase the vCPU to two. The DocWiki is not as reliably updated it seems (sigh) and TAC will look at the official info on CCO as the bible over the DocWiki.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply. But it's not only the DocWiki that talks about 1 vCPU.

The Readme file for the CUCM 9.1 OVA shows 1vCPU for the 1-80Gb HDD (see below).

I do have enough vCPU so it is not a problem to increase to 2 vCPU but wondering if on the other hand I will not get support from TAC if I have 2 vCPU while both the OVA and the docwiki  shows 1 vCPU.

CUCM 2500 user node:
     Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) configuration that
     supports up to 2500 users per node.
     Details:
     Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (32-bit)
     CPU: 1 vCPU with 800 MHz reservation
     Memory: 4 GB with 4 GB reservation
     Disk: 1 - 80 GB disk with pre-aligned disk partitions

CUCM 2500 user node - 60GB hard disk:
     Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) configuration that
     supports up to 2500 users per node, 60GB hard disk, maximum 2500 users in CUCM
     cluster.
     Details:
     Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (32-bit)
     CPU: 2 vCPU with 800 MHz reservation
     Memory: 3 GB with 3 GB reservation
     Disk: 1 - 60 GB disk with pre-aligned disk partitions

The change in 9.1 from 1 vCPU to 2 vCPUs applies only to the reduced footprint option (with 60 GB disk). The reduced footprint option is intended for use only in HCS deployments since HCS deployments have disk space cost contraints which normal UC on UCS deployments do not. So unless you are deploying HCS, you should always be using the 80 GB disk option, which still uses 1 vCPU in version 9.1.

In the next major release of CUCM, the 80 GB option will also be changed to use 2 vCPUs.

Michael,

Thanks a lot for the precision and the info about the next release.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: