cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

O365 as a voicemail solution for CUCM - 7.1.5.10000-12

sudeeparadhya
Level 1
Level 1

We have a requirement, We currently have System version: 7.1.5.10000-12 and we are using Exchange as the Voicemail system. Now they want to upgrade from Exchange to O365 and wanted to know if we can integrate O365 with this version of call manager just for Voicemail.

Regards,

Sudeep Aradhya

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to investigate this from the Microsoft side of things. It's just a SIP trunk, with a few extra permissions for MWI and Play via Phone, as far as CUCM is concerned. Essentially the same as how the Exchange UM integration works today.

Thank you Jonathan,

Wanted to make sure that this version of the call manager is compatible with O365, since this is an old version and O365 was not around during that time.

I wouldn't declare it compatible. CUCM just isn't going to know the difference. As I understand it, O365 uses an on-premise Session Border Controller to interwork between CUCM and O365. This is why I said you need to research this from the Microsoft end. The real question is whether the SBC you choose can work with that version of CUCM.

A quick Google search: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/nexthop/2016/04/16/how-to-integrate-a-pbxip-pbx-phone-system-with-o365-exchange-um-online/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: