cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

On Premise Smart License Satellite GUI Certificate Renew

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

We have a customer that has an on premise Satellite and the self signed GUI certificate has expired.  I have not found any documentation on how to renew/regenerate it...anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joe

8 Replies 8

Refer Smart Software Manager On-Prem User Guide.

Certificates: This tab allows you to import, replace, renew, edit, and delete certificates.

Response Signature

Please see attached screenshots of the certificate that is present for the GUI and what the admin states:

LocalHost-Certificate.JPGCertificate.JPG

From the GUI it shows it not expired and won't until 2022 and it doesn't appear I can do anything with it...

Please advise,

Joe

What is your exact problem that you want to solve? Originally you wrote that the self signed cert had expired and now you say it hasn't. Quite confusing. ':-|'

From that view you can from what I know create a CSR that you can send to a CA to get a signed certificate instead of the default self signed.

Response Signature

This is how it looks in our on-prem SSM that has a signed certificate.

image.png

Response Signature

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

Sorry about the confusion on the the post but will try to be more clear on the issue.

ISSUE:  Audit scan determined an expired certificate for the SSM on port 8443.

No internal or external CA has been used to issue the certificate, it has been self signed from the beginning.

The screenshots were meant to provide visual evidence of what seems to be misleading information.

From the browser screenshot showing the certificate it shows expired as of 7/6/2021.

GUI screen shot shows only certificate for local host is valid until June of 2022.

End goal is to renew (self signed is fine) for the certificate that is bound to port 8443 on the machine.

I hope this help clears up the confusion and would like to know if there is a different area or method to update the certificate for port 8443 as it does not appear the one that the GUI offers the actions for is the same one.

Again I appreciate the feedback from everyone and hope to get this issue resolved.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe

Did you find a resolution to this?  We have the same issue and can see no way of generating a new self signed certificate 

Thanks

UPDATE - We rebooted the server which has fixed it, the broswer certificate end date now matches the end date it shows in the GUI too

Hi.

We had the exact same problem with Satellite on prem version 8-202004 where the certificate had expired but in GUI showed that it did not expire and after reboot the dates now match.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: