cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Open Office Hours for MeetingPlace, MeetingPlace Express and Cisco Unified Videoconferning Products

bobbmart
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jan 13 9-10am PST

I am a Technical Marketing Engineering for MeetingPlace, MeetingPlace Express....please ask me any questions you may have about on premises UC Conferening for voice/video and web or Webex web conferening.

Bobbie Martin, TME

7 Replies 7

say8746
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Barbara,

I have a customer interested in Webex internal sessions as a start, from a high level I thought on premise MP8 express with Webex node would accomodate the requirements. Down the road should the need arises to extend it to external webex, I could easily do that. I appreciate if you could expand on that and the caveats that I needed to consider.

Thank you.

Yes, MP 8 EMS with Webex Node with all meetings hosted on Webex Node internally is technical possible. You would purchase "Internal" webex ports 3 yr contract only on Global Price List. Also, when provisioning the Webex Node, state "Internal" only should be provisioned...they no one would ever be able to join webex meetings in cloud...all meetings would only be internal on Webex Node. Highly suggest to deploy 2 webex node's for redundancy, otherwise if they loose that 1 Webex node server, then web conferencing is down completely, audio only conference would still be available. Also using Webex Scheduling front end "Internal" only meetings cannot be recorded with NBR nor will audio only conferences be recorded.

Bobbie Martin

Technical Marketing Manager, CSG

Cisco Systems, Inc.

E-Mail:  bobbmart@cisco.com

Phone:+1.408.902.3365 

Cell:+1.408.398.7192

Thank you so much, just to confirm this provides desktop sharing functionality, right?

Yes through WebEx unlike webex connect IM that has built in desktop sharing without WebEx.

Srini

But if I have Presence deployed that (IM and Presence) can be integrated?

Hi Srini,

Can you please confirm if the on premise presence and IM can be integrated with the Internal Webex? Thanks.

Yes CUPC and WebEx connect support integration/direct escalation to WebEx