cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Opentext (RightFax) on VM - coexistance with UC apps?

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Customer is asking about installing a fax server.  In looking at the docwiki on virtualization, it doesn't discuss Opentext/RightFax at all.

Can an Opentext server co exist with other UC VM's on the same blades?  Docwiki says you can't coexist with non UC applications, but this kind of IS a UC application....just not one they've discussed.

I'm thinking the answer is likely....no it can't be on the same blades, but was wondering if anyone else had done this or researched it.  Doesn't seem like it would be any more of a load than the Attendant Console Servers are.

TIA

Cliff

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When Cisco says "UC" in terms of coresidency, they mean Cisco branded apps. The answer depends on what other Cisco apps and versions you are running. For example, CUCM 8.6(2) and higher is now supported for coresidency with non-UC apps as long as you follow certain guidelines. However, prior to that it would be co-residency with other Cisco UC apps only.

See http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization_Sizing_Guidelines#General_Rules_for_Co-residency_and_Physical.2FVirtual_Hardware_Sizing

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hailey,

Wow....I have NEVER seen that page in the virtualization wiki.  Now another of *many* reasons I really dislike the docwiki format (lack of coherent organization that formal documentation has).

Exactly what I needed.  Thank you!

Cliff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: