Views
Helpful
Replies

Oracle ODBC Client for IPIVR

michael.dunn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Does anyone out there know the correct Oracle Client Software to install on IPIVR servers to allow connections from IPIVR to Oracle Databases?

I have succesful connections to SQL Server databases from our IPIVRs

I have also installed and tested an Oracle Client (Instaclient_11_2) on the Server and tested connectivity to the database in question via ODBC Administrator. I suspect this is the wrong type fo client for IPIVR interoperability.

I have linked the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle driver via this client to the database in question and tested outside of IPIVR o.k.

When I attempt to establish the database in IPIVR, I get an error.

"* One or more of the connection parameters (Datasource Name, User Name or Password) are invalid"

In the MADM logs I get the messages below.

Our Database experts can't help and Searches have turned up a blank apart from fleeting references to others with successful Oracle DB connections.

Anyone out there who can help?

INSTALCLIENT

6169: Sep 10 13:54:17.089 EST %MADM-ADM_CFG-7-UNK:EDBSController.writeDatasource() - Starting........................

6170: Sep 10 13:54:17.089 EST %MADM-ADM_CFG-7-UNK:EDBSController.writeDatasource() - datasourceOld:,datasource:TESTCLARIFY,userName:IPIVR,maxConnections:20

6171: Sep 10 13:54:17.089 EST %MADM-ADM_CFG-7-UNK:AppAdminUtil.attemptClusterMutex() - Thread :MADM_ADM_CFG_CLUSTERMUTEX-31-0-ADM_CFG_CLUSTERMUTEX renewing the cluster mutex.

6172: Sep 10 13:54:17.105 EST %MADM-ADM_CFG-7-UNK:EDBSController.writeDatasource() - ConfigNotFoundException occured

6173: Sep 10 13:54:17.105 EST %MADM-ADM_CFG-7-UNK:before trying to test connection

6174: Sep 10 13:54:17.105 EST %MADM-LIB_CLUSTER_CFG-6-MUTEX_SUCCESSFULLY_RENEWED:Mutex successfully renewed: owner=$$##$$%%--1378785257058 CRS Administration, node=1, id=4,usage=Cluster Mutex acquired by EDBS Update.,userInfo=37461,leaseDate=Tue Sep 10 13:55:47 EST 2013

6180: Sep 10 13:54:35.168 EST %MADM-ADM_CFG-3-ADM_EXCEPTION:Unknown ADM Exception: Exception=java.sql.SQLException: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

6181: Sep 10 13:54:35.168 EST %MADM-ADM_CFG-3-EXCEPTION:java.sql.SQLException: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

Regards,

Mike Dunn

Senior Voice Analyst

Singtel Optus

Sydney, Australia

5 Replies 5

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

can you tell us the IP IVR version?

Thanks.

G.

7.0(1)SR05_Build504

Hi,

did you configure the tnsnames.ora file?

http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/Tnsnames.ora

Did you configure the datasource on the IP IVR/UCCX Data sources page?

G.

Hi Gergely,

Thanks for your response.

To answer your questions:

1) did you configure the tnsnames.ora file?

Yes, obviously, or I would not have been able to test the connection outside of IPIVR with the instaclient.

2) Did you configure the datasource on the IP IVR/UCCX Data sources page?

Yes, and failed with the error and log messages I posted.

The question I posed was, does anyone know the correct Oracle client to install?

As you know, unlike SQL Server, which does not require a special client, you need a client to get Oracle working, and there must be a specific client or clients which IPIVR expects. Do you know which one? That is the question I need answered. I'm also trying to find out the correct client via my Cisco support contacts, so if you don't know, that's o.k.

cheers,

Mike

Hi,

yes, about 1, I realized that.

Let me just turn this around: can you give me the link to the Oracle client you are trying to use? I might have a 7.0 UCCX in my lab so I can test and see myself.

Also, what is the Oracle DB version?

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: