For the next year I'm going to order a new CUCM 8.6 system as replacement our old CallManager. I trying now to make a order list. We have 300 ip phones 7911,7941,7960,7970. Please help me out here, I've made this list, correct me if i'm wrong.
I know that it comes with starter license of 50 DLUs. After installation I can find out exactly DLUs number to order. Is it enough for me?
Guys I've made a list with dynamic configuration tool. Is it correct? Please I need your advice. Is it enough?
|CUCM-USR-LIC||Top Level Sku For User License||1|
|LIC-CUCM-USR-A||Unified Communications Manager Enhanced Single User-Under 1K||300|
|UCSS-UCM-1-1-A||UC Manager Enh UCSS Less than 1K users - 1 user - 1 year||300|
|LIC-CUCM-BASIC-A||Unified Communications Manager Basic Single User-Under 1K||300|
|UCSS-UCM-BAS-1-1-A||UC Manager Basic UCSS Less than 1K users - 1 user - 1 year||300|
|UCM-7816-86-XU||CUCM 8.6 7816 Export Unrestricted Media Kit||2|
|CCX-85-CMBUNDLE-K9||CCX 8.5 Promo Bundle available only with NEW CUCM or BE6000||1|
|CUCM-PAK||Include PAK Auto-expanding PAK for CUCM||1|
|CUCM-USR||Include PAK Auto-expanding User for CUCM||3000|
|UCM-7816-86-KIT-XU||CUCM Auto-Expansion Media Kit||1|
|UCM-7816-NODE||CUCM 7816 Node||2|
|UCSS-UCM-BASIC-PAK||Include PAK Auto-expanding UCSS Basic PAK for CUCM||1|
|UCSS-UCM-PAK||Include PAK Auto-expanding UCSS PAK for CUCM||1|
Couple of items:
1. why not go to version 9?
2. Why not go with Cisco UCS infrastructure, do you not have any other Cisco UC apps you could virtualize along with CUCM?
3. Why not ask Cisco GOLD partner to quote it for you for free with a nice discount?
1. In dynamic config. tool there is only 8.6 available.
2. For UCS do I also need VmWare ESXi license? Do I need 2 appliances 1 for publisher, 2nd for subcriber?
3. Yes, it will be better, I just wanted to know whether it's correct my list. I will ask about it from Gold patrner.
Thanks for reply.
1. I do not do quotes, but I would imagine it should be there as I've see quotes come through from our pre sales team
2. Yes, you need ESXi support license either from Cisco or directly from VMWare, and yes for hardware redundancy it is recommended to split them. If you only have CUCM and no other apps then this may not make sense
HTH, please rate all useful posts!
Chris thanks for clearification. Could you advice do I need make a separate quotes one for software and second for UCS appliances? Like this one? And I could't find CM 9.0 version under CUCM-USR-LIC. Could you tell me top level sku for UCS.
Top Level Sku For User License
Unified Communications Manager Enhanced Single User-Under 1K
UC Manager Enh UCSS Less than 1K users - 1 user - 1 year
Unified Communications Manager 8.6 Server Software
| Included: CCX-85-CMBUNDLE-K9|
CCX 8.5 Promo Bundle available only with NEW CUCM or BE6000
| Included: CM86-UCS-1000-KIT|
CUCM Auto-Expansion Media Kit
| Included: CUCM-PAK|
Include PAK Auto-expanding PAK for CUCM
| Included: CUCM-USR|
Include PAK Auto-expanding User for CUCM
| Included: UCM-S-UCS-NODE|
CUCM CUCM-UCS-1000 Node
| Included: UCSS-UCM-PAK|
Include PAK Auto-expanding UCSS PAK for CUCM