cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Caller ID with Toll Bypass

netadmin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CallManager running 7.1.5 and PSTN gateway with a PRI at my central site. I have 4 remote sites with PSTN Gateways and PRI's. When a remote site extension dials a outside central site number, I would like to have its caller id be the remote site's DID for that extension. Currently the central site gateway has a Call Routing Information - Outbound Calls, Caller ID DN of areacode exchange XXXX (for example 212334XXXX). If the remote site DID is 771-243-1312, the outbound caller id will show up as 212-334-1312.

How can I configure my CM to display the DID of the remote extension?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well in your example you said "If the remote site DID is 771-243-1312, the outbound caller id will show up as 212-334-1312." so is there always mapping between the last 4 digits "1312" in different area code.

Or are you simply looking to always display the caller ID of the person that is calling? If so you first need to ensure the telco allows you to send any caller ID on your PRIs as they may be overwritting them with BTN if they do not belong to that trunk group. If that is allowed then simply use "use external phone number mask" check box on your Route Patterns or Route Lists and configure the field properly on each DN.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can do that either with translation rules on the GW or digit manipulation on Route Group within Route Lists, however I am confused why you would do that. Do you own those DIDs or you simply want to send something out that you don't own to confuse folks?

Chris

I may have a sales person in Florida call a client in Atlanta. We need to have his direct number show up on caller id. We own the DID numbers.

No, I am not trying to confuse folks with spoofed numbers.

Well in your example you said "If the remote site DID is 771-243-1312, the outbound caller id will show up as 212-334-1312." so is there always mapping between the last 4 digits "1312" in different area code.

Or are you simply looking to always display the caller ID of the person that is calling? If so you first need to ensure the telco allows you to send any caller ID on your PRIs as they may be overwritting them with BTN if they do not belong to that trunk group. If that is allowed then simply use "use external phone number mask" check box on your Route Patterns or Route Lists and configure the field properly on each DN.

HTH,

Chris

Yes, I want to always display the caller id of the person that is calling. I'll contact the telco's and verify I can send the caller id I want. Looks like I need to populate the External Phone Number Mask, as that is blank.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: