Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound SIP calls get 401 Unauthorized

David Winther
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am about to convert a Innovaphone system to CUCM. The Innovaphone is connected with a SIP trunk to deutsche telekom i am going to use the same SIP trunk on the CUCM but i can´t make any outbound calls when i test it. The register goes fine but when makin outgoing calls i get 401 Unauthorized followed by 403 Forbidden. I have tried different things Change "From" and "PAI" to the main number with no luck.

I have attached the configuration from the CUBE and debug where we are doing 1 outbound call.

4 Replies 4

Amine Nouasri
Level 3
Level 3

In dial-peer 6, remove :

voice-class sip profiles 201
voice-class sip registration passthrough

and give it a try.

Looks like to me there is an issue in the sip authentication header.

SathishAnbu4286
Level 1
Level 1

Hi David,

I am setting up a new sip trunk with Deutsche telekom service provider. Trunk registered and incoming calls is working fine. But issue with outgoing calls it is not working getting SIP/2.0 403 Forbidden (R403_REQUEST_NOT_ALLOWED) from service provider. Not getting proper support from them not sure how to reach english support and their technical support . Seems you faced similar issue please hep.

Is this a new CUBE for the CUCM or existing CUBE working with current system?  If new CUBE then you need to ensure the telco provider points to it, as a SIP trunk needs to be configured on both sides and point to the other side, otherwise it will not accept the call.

It was working with ISDN with voice gateway as SIP protocol. Hence one leg CUCM--VG SIP.. Now i configured SIP trunk towards service provider. Trunk registered with service provider and incoming call is working. Only issue with outgoing call as mentioned above getting 403 cause code. No proper support from service provider. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: