Views
Helpful
Replies

paging server (informacast) no audio

soloo2014
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

i just deployed a paging server , went through all steps for installation and then the configuration

integration was successful , cti ports are registered , sip trunk created ,dialcast created , groups defined .. etc

now when i want to make a broadcast

scenario :

Users (A,B,C) are in a broadcast group

user A picks the handset and call the dial-cast number

the phones B and C speakers are activated and the call is established

the issue is that i can't hear any sound..

Notes:

all phones and the CUCM and Informacast are in the same vlan and connected to only one 2960x switch , and i turn off igmp in the switch for testing

Troubleshooting Done :

1-checked the compatibility between informacast (9.0.1) with CUCM (10.5) and cisco phones (8945,7821) , all is good.

2-used the Singlewire tool to check the multicast between tow phones and it was successful.

3-used Wireshark to capture traffic in the receiving phone (PC port) and i got the UDP audio traffic, i even converted the captured to RTP and i could hear the Audio after decoding in wireshark.

attached is the wireshark log (screenshot)

at this point i had no other option but to seek for your help guys

please advise

Thanks and Regards

3 Replies 3

johnhsnow
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get this resolved?

saaahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

do you have the solution for the issue that you posted?

alex.rosa1
Level 1
Level 1

At some of our sites we did not see a PIM (Protocol Independent Multicast) neighbor on their local router when running the command #show ip pim neighbor.

We confirmed that PIM was configured on the interfaces and our issue ended up being on the provider side, where PIM was not enabled for their circuit. I know this is an old thread, but it's worth a look for anyone else. Below is the SingleWire troubleshooting guide that we used.

https://support.singlewire.com/s/article/Multicast-Design-Considerations-and-Troubleshooting#Multicast

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: