cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Parts of web page missing on Unity Admin

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Has anybody seen this? Just upgrade to 4.0(4). When I go into the Syatem Administraion\Subscriber I see the usual except that the bar at the top where I can usually click to add/find users says " This page cannot be displayed". All services are running and Unity is otherwise performing OK

10 Replies 10

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

If the file name did not change between 4.0(3) and 4.0(4), the file you are looking for is SubsTitle.asp. I did a View Source on that part of the SA Subscriber's web frame to find the Java script name. The file resides in directory C:\CommServer\Web\SA\TitleASP. It might be a place to start?

Sincerely,

Ginger

Hello Ginger,

That file is there, right where you said it would be. Any thoughts?

Hi Travis -

I'm sure you've seen this link for SA troubleshooting - I have used it on several occasions myself http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00801ba0ef.shtml#hhh

There is the section in the doc titled "Viewing the Source of a Web Page" and checking for errors. You may want to perform that set of steps and see if it shows anything of value for sending to TAC.

Ginger

BrianChernish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Travis,

Did you resolve this? We are seeing the exact symptoms after an upgrade from 3.1(5) to 4.0(4)-- I am just about certain that it did work for an unknown period of time after the upgrade, bu now it's broke??

This sounds much like the defect CSCee79009. The Release Note describes the workaround that will remove the symptom of this problem. It does not appear that we have found all of the ways this condition could show up - ie, the upgrade does not create the condition. Do you know of any utilities run since the upgrade? Thanks,

Bill

Yes,

that is the bug we hit and Yes I got it resolved with the help of TAC. Shout out to Steve Carothers and the DE that helped him, Bill Baldwin...hey wait a minute....hmmm CCO ID of wilbaldwin posting here....DE that helped me was named...Bill Baldwin...hmmm...probably just a coincedence :)

I am looking o the case notes and it looks likes you guys had me rerun the Message Wizard to repopulate the missing field. Mind is a bit hazy on the details.

Anyway, as Bill states the workaround is in the release note. It worked for me. Good luck

Thanks for the reply Bill,

Now that you mention it, I believe this condition first showed up after we went thru the process to "change the partner server". We had EX2K and EX2003 running at the upgrade to 4.0(4) and subsequently moved all user mailboxes to EX2003 - then we changed the partner server (following the deployment guide steps).

I'm in New Orleans this week, (i'll let you guess what brings me here) and I am trying to resolve this issue remotely -- any chance you could shoot me the details of the work around (assuming a workaround exists)for the "bug"?

Thanks

Brian

Sure thing - The workaround from the Release note is:

NOTE: Running the Message Store Configuration Wizard in Step 7 below will

result in Unity services stopping and unavailability of the voicemail system

for approximately 5-10 minutes.

1. Open regedit.

2. Select the HKLM/software/active voice/commserver setup/1.0/private

registry branch.

3. Select the 'Registry' menu and choose "Export Registry File..."

4. Choose a destination directory and filename (like "Load_after_MSCW.rgs").

5. Ensure the "Export Range" is specified by the "Selected Branch" radio

button and click the "Save" button.

6. Right-click on the HKLM/software/active voice/commserver setup/1.0/private

registry key and choose "Delete".

7. Run the Message Store Config Wizard via the

...\CommServer\ConfigurationSetup\Setup.exe. Do not change any of the

values displayed in the wizard. The password for the Unity Installation and

Directory Services accounts will be required in the process of running this

wizard.

8. After the Wizard has completed, open Windows Explorer to the directory of

the registry file saved in step 5.

9. Double-click on the .rgs file saved from step 5.

10. Verify SA access to the Subscribers page now functions as expected.

Sorry for all of the Hullabaloo as you enjoy the Big Easy - watch out for Hurricanes...cheers,

Bill

Thanks once more Bill,

All is well now, I did get a bit of a scare though...I was unable to restart the Unity service after completing the steps. I paniced and open a TAC case, while I was rebooting the server to see if that would help and it did. Service started on its own and the Subscriber Page issues are gone. In the meantime I spoke with Bernard from Cisco "down under" and he said I should let you know your bottles of red & white are "still on the way!"

~Brian

Glad to hear the workaround was successful. That service restart issue also occurred during your 7/2 case w/ TAC - keep an eye on shut-down/start-up application event log messages.

I'll post here if we determine the Mailstore Config wizard operation had anything to do with creating this condition. Thanks,

Bill