cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCA - Inventory add device fails

bsugamele1
Level 4
Level 4

Having an issue adding devices to inventory manually for monitoring by PCA as the automatic monitoring function from CUCDM has never worked for us.

I believe the issue has to do with NAT IP addressing. We have our network configured so that the external customer facing IP address for CUCM is the same for all customers ie: 192.168.1.100 is always CUCM PUB, 192.168.1.101 is always CUCM SUB, etc. The internal management IPs for the appadmin pages are always different as each customer has their own VRF in our network where their UC apps are built.

I was able to add my first 3 customers into PCA Inventory using NAT. They look like this;

Hostname Type Customer IP Address Private IP Address

10.1.1.100 CUCM Cust 1 10.1.1.100 192.168.1.100
10.1.2.100 CUCM Cust 2 10.1.2.100 192.168.1.100
10.1.3.100 CUCM Cust 3 10.1.3.100 192.168.1.100

After the first 3 were added to inventory, I am unable to add anymore with the same Private IP address. If I alter the private IP address, the CUCM server will be discovered and managed based on it's management IP, but no phones are discovered, PCA cannot be added as a billing server for CDRs, etc. As soon as I hit the discover button I get an error message stating: Failed to Add/Modify devices.

Thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In HCS setup for PCA, two services on HCMF are mainly responsible for assurance. First is Cisco HCS provisioning adapter service and 2nd is Cisco HCS DMA-SA. You need to first make sure these two services are activated on HCMF.

1. Cisco HCS Provisioning Service: As soon as you define the SNMP credentials and HTTP/Admin credentials on CUCDM, the credentials are pushed to the HCMF using REST interface which further pushes the SNMP string on the CUCM. Please make sure you assign all the necessary credentials like HTTP,Admin & SNMP string on CUCDM which will push the SNMP string to CUCM.

2. DMA-SA: DMA-SA directly communicated with the PCA. As soon as you configure the cluster application/customer on HCMF to be monitored by PCA, HCMF pushes the device add request to PCA. For the HCMF to be able to communicate with the PCA, please make sure that the HTTP credentials defined on the HCMF for PCA are correct to avoid any authentication issues.

Regards,

Aseem Anand

(Please rate if useful)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In HCS setup for PCA, two services on HCMF are mainly responsible for assurance. First is Cisco HCS provisioning adapter service and 2nd is Cisco HCS DMA-SA. You need to first make sure these two services are activated on HCMF.

1. Cisco HCS Provisioning Service: As soon as you define the SNMP credentials and HTTP/Admin credentials on CUCDM, the credentials are pushed to the HCMF using REST interface which further pushes the SNMP string on the CUCM. Please make sure you assign all the necessary credentials like HTTP,Admin & SNMP string on CUCDM which will push the SNMP string to CUCM.

2. DMA-SA: DMA-SA directly communicated with the PCA. As soon as you configure the cluster application/customer on HCMF to be monitored by PCA, HCMF pushes the device add request to PCA. For the HCMF to be able to communicate with the PCA, please make sure that the HTTP credentials defined on the HCMF for PCA are correct to avoid any authentication issues.

Regards,

Aseem Anand

(Please rate if useful)

Thanks Aseem, I worked with TAC on this and discovered that once I added the SNMP credentials into CUCDM and sync'd with HCM-F, PCA was able to autodiscover the devices. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: