cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCD 11.x migration task failed - Browser button not response

Muhammad Yousef
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, my issue is slightly different, I try to migrate from CM 7.1 to 11 using the useful tool PCD

for now i stopped all installation process since the PCD version 11 unable to complete the migration task. 

simply, i cannot hit the "Browse" button the migration files (cucm.iso) that already upload to PCD thru SFTP account. Browser button not response and i believe this is software bug. 

i tried different web browsers, different machine with the same issue. 

any idea !

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Gerbic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Muhammad,

I have pinged the product manager for PCD to get an answer to this question.

View solution in original post

The problem has already been fixed

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13177466/call-manager-upgrade-7x-11x

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Anthony Gerbic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Muhammad,

I have pinged the product manager for PCD to get an answer to this question.

The problem has already been fixed

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13177466/call-manager-upgrade-7x-11x

HTH

java

Hello Jaime / Anthony, the migration from CM7 to 11 has been done in smooth. but as long the installation done and all phone has been registered to the new CM11 i got that notification says "demo license will expire in 60 days ...... " 

i try to install the new license thru the Prime License Manager, but the admin username/password not acceptable 

any help please. 

In general, for migration planning, see the recently overhauled UCM/IMP 11.5 upgrade and migration guide.

For UCM7-on-baremetal to UCM11.0-on-virtual, as Jaime links to...

1. make sure PCD Migration Task is used (not PCD Upgrade Task which is only for direct standard upgrade paths and direct refresh upgrade paths, as defined here). 
  2. Since PCD Migration is actually an export-freshInstall-import workflow, it needs a bootable/installable UCM .iso image (not posted on cisco.com, get from PUT, or as part of media kit from new/re- purchase).   The non-bootable .iso's on cisco.com are for direct upgrade paths only (which 7x to 11x is not).

Sounds like you got thru the PCD Migration and license migration operations successfully, you're just trying to login to PLM now to apply that new license?

If you're a Cisco partner, there's some licensing migration info on refreshcollab.cisco.com but don't know if that will help.

OK fine, for better understand here's our customer environment and what i did: 

1. old CM7 (Pub/Sub) installed on two IBM7800 servers 
  2. approx. 500 devices registered  
  3. new server: UCSC-C220-M4S licensed with VM esxi 
  4. create two VMs for both new (Pub/Sub)
  5. new eDelivery BE6K license for all registered phones recently purchased and received from cisco.
  6. download the PCD11 files from eDelivery direct-link from cisco. and install it well. 
    1. define the old cluster 
    2. define new migration cluster 
    3. create/ start migraine task 
    4. migration done. 
    5. DHCP, option 150 & voice gateways changes to new CM11 environment. 
    6. old CM7 was Shutdown.
    7. testing is OK, all phones upgrade localboot from new CM11 and registered well. 
  7. my 1st login to CM11 was different that old CM7, cause i've choose on of the following: 
    1. Cisco Unified Communications Manager (login as admin OK)
    2. Cisco Unified Communications Self Care Portal (login as admin OK)
    3. Cisco Prime License Manager (Invalid Username or Password. Please try again)

i follow your guides & steps to apply new the licenses with no luck. unfortunately, i found the only way to solve this "60 days demo ..." is to access PLM and upload the generated PAK licenses. 

any idea !!

thanks in advance.

What credentials are you using to try to login to PLM?? GUI or OS/CLI?

What do you get from:

license management show system

license management list users

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

license management show system

license management list users

app user:admin

but the password problem get resolved by reset that Unknown password, i tried this

admin: license management reset user password

thanks 

as long i reset the PLM password, i access and upload the  new license but there's two issue occurred:

1.  the PLM get always stuck every 10 minutes, and to fix this issue i restart the services by admin: utils service restart Cisco Tomcat
    2. once i upload the new license to PLM i got another security error that PLM cannot sync with the cucm. plz check attached screenshot

could you support me on this. 

finally i resolved with your help. 

NTP reference has been changed. it's working fine now  

thank you Jaime.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: