cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCD and Esxi - Firewall Ports/Protocols Needed.

Dear Team,

We have deployed Prime Collaboration Deployment [PCD] and while we try to add the Esxi, we are receiving a message as "Failed to mount Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployments export as NFS store to the ESXi Host"

PCD Version 12.0 and Esxi 6.5 which is part of vCenter. Licenses are OK.

As far as we know that PCD will create a NFS mount in Esxi host. But it is not happening.

We need to know the firewall ports that needs to be allowed between the PCD and Esxi host as the traffic from PCD is going through the firewall to reach Esxi host. Not finding proper document on the ports.

Please let us know the ports and protocols that needs to be allowed between PCD and Esxi.

Thanks,
Thirru

7 Replies 7

If you are using OEM VMware license which came along with the server, you will get this error. 

Use standard VMware license. even a standard trial license will work. if you search u will get it. 

Response Signature

Hello Nithin,

Thanks for your update. I will check that too.

But I am looking for the firewall ports and protocols that needs to be allowed between PCD and Esxi. Please let me know if you have it.

Regards,

Thirru

I also went through the same document. There are ports which are required for PCD and others such as UC Application servers, management workstation, etc.,

Unfortunately there are no firewall port/protocols mentioned about the connectivity between PCD and Esxi host. [or I am unable to find this]

Especially am looking for ports and protocols that needs to be allowed between PCD and Esxi. If you have any document for the same, it would be much helpful.

Thanks,

Thirru

I face this issue couple of times when  using PCD. changing this license NFS issue got resolved for me. But I never come across a scenario where PCD runs between a firewall. 

If the link doest have the informations what you are looks for , then may be you need to open a TAC.

Response Signature

Or go old school and do a little of your own work to reverse engineer what ports that is needed. If you create a rule in your firewall that would allow all traffic between PCD and ESXi and enable logs this you should with some effort of work be able to figure out what is really needed for this. When you think you have done that change the rule in the firewall to these ports and check if it still works. If it doesn’t you’d need to look at what is blocked in the firewall and circle back. Likely you’d need to repeat this a few times.

Good old detective work :)

Response Signature

Did you check the Vmware license  ?

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: