cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCD Migration w/ temporary change of IP Addresses

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

Migrating a single publisher from 8.5 to 12.5 using PCD.  Is there any reason not to do a migration and use a new ip on the new system so that it can come up fully, then during a change window change the ip address back to the real ip?  The 8.5 server is using DNS which I suspect would be a problem during the 12.5 install as the DNS hostname won't line up properly, but if that does succeed is there anything else I should know about? The idea is keep the 8.5 system up/running so no impact until production until time to do the actual cutover.  I know any changes made and any CAR information will be lost.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If DNS doesn't work it will fail, just as it would fail during the connectivity test any manual CUCM installation.

If you want that to work, you need to chance the IP and DNS, and have the DNS resolve the hostname/fqdn to that new IP

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks.  I was thinking I would skip DNS on the 12.5 build and let the install complete and the configuration migration.  Then during the cutover window change I would add DNS and then change the ip back and let it come up normally on reboot. 

NM, i tried a different browser and saw where I could get this to work.